What's new

I'm Learning a new SKILL.

3rd day of DE. This is literally teaching myself a new skill. Cart. shaving is like mowing the lawn.... just pull and cover all the surface area. The cartridges are designed to make cuts almost IMPOSSIBLE. Plus ATG..WTG.. doesn't mean a whole lot with those things. Now.. technique..speed...stroke length.. all add up. Its facinating...and mistakes actually MEAN something. I like it. and cartridge smooth is NOT ..DE smooth. The irritation is not fun, but getting better. The wife asks why turn a simple task, into a way more elaborate one. I say, results..and ... it kind of gets your mind cued up for the day...
Oh yeah.. I looked at some of those Geofatboy vids on youtube. That guy takes 6in strokes!!! cripes. He gets done fast, but I ain't in no hurry. think I'll try a Derby blade after this Astra. (I went with a 7 blade sampler from ebay).

later gentlemen...

k

Welcome to B&B: If you're experiencing problems tell us about your pre-shave routine, razor, blade, soap, or cream choices.

3rd day of DE. This is literally teaching myself a new skill. Cart. shaving is like mowing the lawn.... just pull and cover all the surface area. The cartridges are designed to make cuts almost IMPOSSIBLE. Plus ATG..WTG.. doesn't mean a whole lot with those things. Now.. technique..speed...stroke length.. all add up. Its facinating...and mistakes actually MEAN something. I like it. and cartridge smooth is NOT ..DE smooth. The irritation is not fun, but getting better. The wife asks why turn a simple task, into a way more elaborate one. I say, results..and ... it kind of gets your mind cued up for the day...
Oh yeah.. I looked at some of those Geofatboy vids on youtube. That guy takes 6in strokes!!! cripes. He gets done fast, but I ain't in no hurry. think I'll try a Derby blade after this Astra. (I went with a 7 blade sampler from ebay).

later gentlemen...

k

Welcome to B&B. Glad that you joined us. We hope that you become an active member on B&B. Check out "NickShaves" on YouTube and also "Mantic59".

WARHAWK

Welcome aboard! My advice is to stick with one setup for awhile, at least until you're comfortable. I think it's the best way to hone your technique.

Welcome--You're going to like it here.

Patience is the key for all new DE shavers. When I got into DE it was at least a couple of months before I felt I knew what I was doing. It's a new skill set, for sure.

3rd day of DE. This is literally teaching myself a new skill. Cart. shaving is like mowing the lawn.... just pull and cover all the surface area. The cartridges are designed to make cuts almost IMPOSSIBLE.

Duh! I cut my ear badly with a Trac II :scared:

Nahh.. I just think my lilfe has kind of a nightmarishly complex, bizarre, or illogical quality to it. hence the name. Pinstriping?

Top Bottom