What's new

Polo original green

My arch nemesis. I feel like when I was in school, anyone who wore it literally marinated themselves in it and walking past you'd not only get a "whiff", you'd be able to taste it...

I still wish they made Polo Crest. It was like the big bad green boy but toned down a bit on the oak moss, pine and patchouli and tweaked up a bit on the citrus & freshness.

Last edited:
Polo Green! My first cologne! Rock it, brotha!

I used to collect higher end colognes, now I'm into the less expensive splashes.

Don't laugh, but I picked up my first bottle of Aqua Velva Cool Blue earlier this month and cannot stop reaching for it...

Keep spraying the Polo Green - it belongs in the Cologne Hall of Fame!

It is strong at first, but the dry down is where the magic happens IMO. Still a big fan of green. Just put it on an hour before you leave the door.

In the current version, after the dry down, the smell is definitely different than the 80/90's version. Maybe my skin/chemistry has changed with time, but since the reformulation, the scent is much more linear.

In the current version, after the dry down, the smell is definitely different than the 80/90's version. Maybe my skin/chemistry has changed with time, but since the reformulation, the scent is much more linear.

I was thinking the same thing the other day after spraying the whole bottle on me in the store. Something is different...

I used to have the classic Polo green in high school. Good times! This past Christmas I got two large bottles of the green, as well as some Polo aftershave. I hadn't worn Polo in years and I can't wear much now (as others have said, a wee bit goes a long way) so I hadn't noticed the different scent after the reformulation.

After the dry down, in the vintage version, I had a kind of sweet santal/patchouli scent. Now, in the current version, after the opening (first 15 mn) the scent is simply the same from the start to the end. In the vintage version you had really 3 sorts of scents (opening, dry down, and the background notes let's say), now just 2. But maybe it's just my chemistry (from the early 20's to the early 40's)...

I still wish they made Polo Crest. It was like the big bad green boy but toned down a bit on the oak moss, pine and patchouli and tweaked up a bit on the citrus & freshness.

Agreed, I'm most likely going to pick up a bottle of Polo Green but Crest was my favourite back in the early 1990s.

I have a vintage bottle of the Polo green in my cabinet. I put it on every time I want to remember what it was like to be in highschool/college and chasing girls!

Ah, the good ol' days!!!!
:)

Top Bottom