What's new

Best Fountain pen under $25?

I am the farthest thing from a Noodler's fanboi... and in fact I've been overly critical of the Ahab.
But my experience with the Konrad is 180 degrees from the Ahab. I spent hours tweaking the Ahab and never got it to work properly, and the pen was finally destroyed when my efforts to free a stuck piston resulted in breaking out the threads on the convertor.
The Konrad does not use the same push-pull piston mechanism. The piston driver is built into the tailcap, not unlike the Lamy 2000 (but at $20 instead of $160-$300!)

HUGE ink capacity... it's a good pen for a "working" writer.

They konrads seem nice, i dont like the look of the lamy so much.

Lamy makes some very solid and reliable pens.
I run their EF nib and it is very nice, but some complain that it can be too "scratchy" and I can see where they get that.
The Safari is what it is... it is a student pen, not an executive pen, and it looks the part.
The Al-Star is a bit nicer (and better balanced), but the CP-1 took it's place in my jacket pocket.

But I do like the more traditional looking nibs of other pens. I really like my new Schaeffer and it has taken it's place as regular duty on my desk here at home.

Top Bottom