What's new

Your REALLY want pen.

Fellas, I have been playing with fountain pens for a few weeks now and so far I only have one pen that I find myself drawn to. I would love a Parker 51 flighter. I love the look of the thing and I like how it looks sleek and very "aviator" like. I have always had a fascination with planes and air travel in general, heck I joined the Air Force even though I don't fly! What is the one pen that you would really like to have, doesn't have to be crazy expensive or your "holy grail" just the one that calls to you.

I really want a nakaya with a factory flex... well i did last week, this week i think its a falcon... im expecting i want a Pilot 845 next week though... ill get back to you lol

Tough one...probably a MB 149 with an italic. Or a Falcon. But the longest running favorite I just haven't justified buying is a Rotring 600 2mm lead holder. It's only a $70 pencil, just can't seem to justify it to myself yet when I have some VERY nice .925 silver pencils already that don't see enough use.

-X

A Nakaya Decapod Twist with the Aka-Tamenuri finish and a Stub nib would float my boat, for sure! :w00t:

proxy.php

Wow guys, those are all beautiful pens! Love the added pictures too, saves me time looking them up 😜

Pelikan 400nn tortoise with an EF nib. I'd also like to get a Montblanc of some sort: a 146 or a vintage 220/22 series.

It's not really a specific pen, but pens with particular characteristics.

More flex, more flex, and in a vintage pen. Right now the flexiest nib I have is in an antique Moore L-94. I've got a pre 1920s Waterman 12 PSF which is also quite good, but I'm chasing that elusive wet noodle. And I've been reading about some pre WWII German pens with amazing flex in steel nibs.

And I'm looking for something special in vintage celluloid, that old 1930s to 50s celluloid that isn't made any more. I said special, not specific. I've got some pens that are great examples, a couple of Moores, a 1950s Conway Stewart, a vest pocket sized Waterman. To fend off the usual cliché, let me assure you that they have happened, even without pictures, but I will probably put up pictures in some thread, some time.:001_cool: The point is, though, that I'm looking for a celluloid pattern that I don't even know exists right now, something new to me.

Top Bottom