What's new

Your REALLY want pen.

I shouldn't have been looking at Nakaya. How about one in Ao-Tamenuri, or the Milky Way Raden?

Makes the VP Raden that much more affordable. :lol:

Did you look at the questionare you have to fill out just to order one:

1. How heavy is your writing pressure?
heavy (150g)
medium (120g)
light (90g)
proxy.php
2. What part of pen section do you hold when writing?
close to nib
half way up section
far from nib
3. Your writing speed is
fast
moderate
slow
4. Your writing is
large
medium
small
5. About your letters.
block letters
cursive
6. At what angle do you hold your pen?
high(70)
average(60)
low(45-50)
proxy.php
7. How do you hold your pen? (rotation)
toward the left
centered
toward the right
proxy.php

8. Which hand do you write with?
right hand
left hand

Got 'em. Delta Dolce Vita, one in classic orange, the other a limited edition, # 1 of 18. Next pen is a custom Dolce Vita from Delta. Not sure how to make that happen, but I'll give them a ring.
$WP_20140710_006.jpg

I've been talking to some people and the Nakaya may not fit my hand; I guess I have to go to a pen show or find a Nakaya owner to find out.

Having said that, I've been very curious about the Pilot Custom Heritage 912, either in the posting (PO) nib or the Wavily (WA) nib.

I've been talking to some people and the Nakaya may not fit my hand; I guess I have to go to a pen show or find a Nakaya owner to find out.

What'chu talkin ' 'bout Willis? The Nakaya is no bigger or smaller than most pens. Some such as the Piccolo are a bit shorter and some a bit longer but none would be considered over-sized or overly small.

God helpe remoce Nakayas from my mind before DC... i dont want a want for them at abplace i can see, hold, amd write with one

God helpe remoce Nakayas from my mind before DC... i dont want a want for them at abplace i can see, hold, amd write with one
To be honest, James, I didn't see that many high-end Japanese pens at DC last year. A lot of those god-awful Italian monstrosities, but not too much from Asia.

$N14070-2.jpg

Backordered since I saw the pen . . . 6 months ago? 9?

A lot of those god-awful Italian monstrosities

<hysterical sobbing, accompanied by the anguished cries of my dear departed Italian ancestors>

If it's Italian, it has to be good! :thumbup: Think of calamari fritti, Ferraris, gondola rides in Venice, handblown glass from Murano, pizzas at the seaside in Naples, eggplant caponata from Sicily, . . . and we were once the dominant military power in the region. Admittedly, that was the Holy Roman Empire, but still . . .

What'chu talkin ' 'boutWillis? The Nakaya is no bigger or smaller than most pens. Some such as the Piccolo are a bit shorter and some a bit longer but none would be considered over-sized or overly small.

I practically have kid-sized hands. I prefer pens in the size of Pelikan M200/M400 or Esterbrook J (and roughly that weight). I had an M800 and sold it because it was too unwieldy to use in the hand for extended writing sessions.

The Nakaya sizes on nibs.com that I reference are generally closer to M800-size, but there are a couple like the mini Decapod that might be feasible. I just want to try them out before committing to a $700 pen.

I practically have kid-sized hands. I prefer pens in the size of Pelikan M200/M400 or Esterbrook J (and roughly that weight). I had an M800 and sold it because it was too unwieldy to use in the hand for extended writing sessions.

The Piccolo is somewhere between the M600 and M400 in size.

Last edited:
Top Bottom