What's new

Stone ruinten ipa

Friend of mine was telling me about this brew. It's supposed to be fantastic, anybody try this?

$stone-ruinten-ipa.jpg

Stone Brewing could easily be described as the godfathers of the American IPA. And one of the IPAs that started it all was Ruination. On the 10th anniversary of Ruination back in 2012, Stone upped the ante by releasing RuinTen IPA — an aggressive, in your face double IPA derived from the same recipe, but on steroids. Now released on an annual basis, RuinTen is set to hit shelves across the country — boasting a 10.8% ABV and 110 IBUs of hoppy joy. As Stone says, it's a stage dive into a mosh pit of hops.

http://www.stonebrewing.com/ruinten/

http://uncrate.com/stuff/stone-ruinten-ipa/

hmm.... Ruinten? how do you pronounce it? like two words, ruin and ten? ruinten...

I love IPAs. I should try this when I see it. I've always enjoyed my IPA's stronger than 8% ABV.
and of course, super hoppy...

The 10% part I can get behind, but 110 IBU's?! Eeek! I thought a beer I had at 65 was pushing it for me...

I guess if I see any, I'll have to buy one just to try...

The 10% part I can get behind, but 110 IBU's?! Eeek! I thought a beer I had at 65 was pushing it for me...

I guess if I see any, I'll have to buy one just to try...
Once you get past a certain point, you cant really tell a difference anyways. IBUs in IPAs are really just a numbers game at this point.

Had it back in june, but i bought a few extra bottles and drank one last weekend.

proxy.php

one of my favorites.

Will be drinking some "Hoptimum" from Sierra Nevada tonight. It has 100 IBU's. I saw that Whole foods has a new shipment of Dogfish head 120, i might have to pick me up a few.

Stone is obviously big here in San Diego. For years I hated their beers. Yea I said it, I thought their beers were awful. My complaint with stone is their idea of a new beer is just adding more hops.

Well, one day I was at one of the stone taprooms with a friend of mine, and lo and behold turns out they make beers other than IPAs, which is all anyone seems to discuss. Their vertical epics were phenomenal. Turns out they can also make a fantastic imperial Russian stout. Here in SD you can get a 1/2 gallon growler fill for $9-16.

Their regular Ruination is a top notch IPA. Grab more if you can! Dang... now I have to stop at the "store" and try to find this tomorrow!

Love the ruinten, right along side my hoptimum. There is an excellent pub just a drunken stroll from home, great selection of beers. I snagged a case of 2014 hoptimum on dad's day this year, the wife must know what I like! (She's bought me a case of it every year since 2011 when it first came out :D)

-X

Top Bottom