What's new

Nivea Original versus Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I finally bought the two of them as they were on special this week at my local pharmacy ($2.49 each tube). I tried the Indian Nivea shave cream in the past and thought it was a fairly good product. Like pretty much every Nivea product, they work well and deliver!

The Indian Nivea shave cream however has that Nivea "scent" which neither of the two products that I have have that (IMO). I found the original to have a mild cologne type of scent (modern) where the sensitive was floral (chamomile) scented.

Both had pretty much the same performance. I used around 1/2" to 3/4" as they were recommending it on their packaging (on the brush, on the face and shave). They have a different ingredient list but wouldn't be shy to recommend those as they work really well IMO. I found that a product like Kiss my Face lathers with a bit less effort but Nivea still works well.

Attachments

• $SANY6779 (800x463).jpg
    $SANY6779 (800x463).jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 731
  • $SANY6784 (800x598).jpg
    $SANY6784 (800x598).jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 740
  • $SANY6781 (800x598).jpg
    $SANY6781 (800x598).jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 733
  • $SANY6782 (800x546).jpg
    $SANY6782 (800x546).jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 727
I have the Sensitive, but only used it a couple times. Good stuff, especially for the price. I think I'm gonna buy the original too, just to compare.
Sometimes we don't pay much attention to these things, readily available at the supermarket and cheaply priced ...

That's a good price, I think just paid $4.79 US for mine. The new formula finally arrived in my town, I bought some and like it. They stock some of the other original formula items but I've never seen the shave cream. If I ever do I'll try some. I finally bought some of the Energy splash and I like that a lot.

Good information on Kiss My Face creams. One of the local grocery/pharmacy stores only has one type and I've wanted to try that. I was a little surprised to find that in the organic section, no where near the rest of the shaving gear.

I have been using the Sensitive for about a week. Definitely some good stuff! And I like the light floral scent.

Musikmann, if you have one in your area, try Safeway grocery. I just found it as a new item last week, $3.49 + 20% Off= $2.79 a tube!! I bought six tubes already!(Nah, no ADs here:lol:)

This is one of those things I like to 'combine' sometimes. In all I prefer the blue tube better for the performance slightly, but the sensitive has the better scent in my opinion.
Funny about the KMF too. There's a Grocer here that sells it, but you have to go over to the aisle with the gluten free stuff to find it :p

I have been using the Sensitive for about a week. Definitely some good stuff! And I like the light floral scent.

Musikmann, if you have one in your area, try Safeway grocery. I just found it as a new item last week, $3.49 + 20% Off= $2.79 a tube!! I bought six tubes already!(Nah, no ADs here:lol:)

That's called being forward thinking.

Yesterday, I picked up a tube of Nivea Sensitive at my local supermarket, "Stop & Shop". Gave it a test lather last night and it looked very good with a thick, yogurt lather that seemed to have good lubrication qualities (in my hand). I'll be shaving with it this morning.

Just bought a tube of the sensitive at Safeway for less than four bucks. Awesome cream. Scent similar to nivea as but a bit less so. Nice thick slick super protective and lathers great with my SOC. I like it easily as well as I like KMF mint and co bigelow, and that's saying a lot!

Just bought a tube of the sensitive at Safeway for less than four bucks. Awesome cream. Scent similar to nivea as but a bit less so. Nice thick slick super protective and lathers great with my SOC. I like it easily as well as I like KMF mint and co bigelow, and that's saying a lot!

My Safeway had it the last week or so as well, then yesterday gone. I will be keeping an eye out as maybe it was a trial.

...Musikmann, if you have one in your area, try Safeway grocery. I just found it as a new item last week, $3.49 + 20% Off= $2.79 a tube!! I bought six tubes already!(Nah, no ADs here:lol:)

No Safeways in my town but there might be one in a nearby town; I'll go to their site and check. Thanks for the heads up.

Haven't seen the sensitive version here (in Berlin, Germany) yet, only the "mild" (original). IMHO the package designer should be fired. That new graphical design is just awful. Aswell as the the scent designer. I don't like the "Nivea Men" trademark scent at all, but that's just me.

I bought a couple tubes of the Nivea "Extra Moisture" last year. It seemed to be available before the Original and Sensitive, and now I can't find it any more, but it did work very well, and I've been meaning to get back to it, I just can't get around to it with all the other products and the pass arounds I've gotten involved in. Someday..... someday....

Shaved with the Sensitive Nivea today. After three passes my skin felt great. You don't even need an aftershave balm after it unless you have rather dry skin. I'm happy to be able to get a inexpensive traditional shaving cream that's easy to find.

I gave the Nivea a run today, bowl lathering with the RV B&B 2011 LE. An almond sized dollop gave me a nice lather, though not the voluminous explosion I get from some of the English creams. The lather itself was of decent quality with good cushion. Like most creams, it was lacking the slickness I get with soaps, but I got a very nice shave from it. Postshave feel was a little dry, oddly enough, as it is the "Sensitive" version of the cream, but nothing that a good AS can't take care of. It has that typical Nivea scent, which I like, so all around, it was an enjoyable shave.

We must be in the middle of a renaissance for wet shaving. When I picked this up yesterday at a Wegmans supermarket, which is a growing regional chain, the men's shaving aisle had Nivea Sensitive cream, Cremo, Williams, VdH Deluxe soap, the VdH badger brush on its own, and the whole VdH set of brush, soap and bowl. These products were given prime position at eye level, while canned goo was relegated to the bottom shelf.

I too am almost starting to think the 'trend' may be growing? I notice new things popping up here and there, and then someone from a different province says the same thing, and a few days later so does a couple of different states.

There is nothing VDH up here that I can find, but METRO, our largest grocer in this area, has all there stores carrying each kind of Aqua Velva, which they never did, a couple of (to me) no name brushes, both Nivea creams, Kappus cream, Williams and all kinds of other odds and ends. About all they had before was some cans and disposables.

Top Bottom