What's new

How many (Physical) DE Safety razor blades do you own?

Hello there I'm new to the forum and haven't been reading that long, I just started a few months back Shaving with a DE razor blade and am very happy. I purchased the Art of shave unscented Kit and a few Proraso products along with a Merkur HD. My fiancee recently went on a shopping frenzy and purchased me 100 Astra Greens, 100 Astra Blues, 100 Personna blues, and 50 Feather blades. I did the math and assuming I just use 3 shaves each blade (I shave every 2/3 days) that's 8-8.75 years worth of shaves which is incredible for the price she spent but I'm wondering if that's too much. I know some people might think it's too much for a person who has been shaving for only a few months but I tried them all out and love them all for different reasons, but i'm till curious how many physical blades do you have at home?

First, Welcome to Badger and Blade sir. I think you will find that you are not alone in having more than enough blades. There are some members on here that have hundreds, possibly thousands of blades. I myself only own about a hundred. I experimented and found my blade and I buy my blades now by the 100 pack. If you realize that you'll never use the blades, you could always consider passing them forward or selling/trading them when you become eligible for the buy sell trade forum. Good luck!

P.s. if you haven't already, check out the shavewiki and shave clinic/newbie check-in.

Welcome to B&B.

I have about 1200 blades at the moment.
1000 gillette 7 o clock permasharp stainless (Indian green) and 200 misc blades.

Enjoy your shave!

I have about 1200 too.

600 Personna Labs
500 Indian Gillette Wilkinson Swords
and various Sharks, Astras, GSBs, Dorcos,etc.

From memory... 10 Personna, 1 Merkur, about 190 Astra SP, about 85 Derby, and about 85 Rapira SS - I think!

So roughly 370.

Also from memory
300 Voskhods
200 Rapira SS
100 Rapira Lux
100 shark SC
100 Astra
20 Bic
20 Gillette silver Blue
15 polsilvers
Various vintage blades and open tucks account for another 74
I've good 200 Treet Plat and 200 Treet black carbon on the way.

So that'll be about 1300 blades total.

I'm sure I have enough for another year or two of shaving. Mostly a mixed bag of Gillette blades (GSB, Platinum, Ruby, 7oC Yellow\Green\Black)
I had a lot more at one time but I've found less variance in DE blades when used in my R41 razor; they all seem to perform pretty good.
I also have another 30-35 Feather Pro blades that go with a Cobra Classic razor.

I've got about 370 blades. I use 1 blade a week (change out every Monday) and average 4-5 shaves per week so my supply will last me about 7 years. Most of my blades came through trading stuff I didn't like or use any more, they were gifted to me or came as part of a razor buy. About half of my supply is made up of Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows, Astra SPs and Lord Platinums. The remainder are 5s-10s-20s of various blades, the majority of which are held to be very good to excellent blades.

Correction: only about 1/4 of my blades are a variety. I forgot about the 100 Wilkinson Swords I just got as part of a razor buy. I'm still at about 370 total though.

Last edited:
I've got about 370 blades. I use 1 blade a week (change out every Monday) and average 4-5 shaves per week so my supply will last me about 7 years. Most of my blades came through trading stuff I didn't like or use any more, they were gifted to me or came as part of a razor buy. About half of my supply is made up of Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellows, Astra SPs and Lord Platinums. The remainder are 5s-10s-20s of various blades, the majority of which are held to be very good to excellent blades.
370 is the magic number.

Close to 3,000. 1,900 are vintage. Mostly Spoilers, Super Chromiums, Plus Platinums. Stainless blades from the 70's were the best IMHO.

Top Bottom