What's new

Where do the various distributors get their product?

If one wanted to open a shaving supply shop where do you order all the various brands from? Where do places like Westcoast Shaving, etc. get their product from? Are there large national importers, distributors?

Just curious.

I was wondering myself. I just returned from Colombia, South America. I looked for shaving products and there was very little to choose from. I got too thinking it would be a good business to get into when and if I move there.

You might want to edit your signature too ...

1a.) All sales, purchases and trades between members may occur only in the BST. Solicitation of sales, purchases or trades via PM, signature or in other threads is not permitted. No member may "piggy-back" on another members thread by offering to buy, sell or trade his own goods in another members BST thread.

I have no idea, but am glad these fine ladies and gents are as resourceful as they are. Otherwise, we wouldn't have access to a fraction of the gear and products we can lay hands on. I'm guessing that Gareth's tongue in cheek response is closer to the truth than he may intend......they ain't saying! Screech and VallenG are probably on to something, though.

Google: Barber Supply Beauty Supply Wholesale Distributor....

Or go old school and look in the yellow pages. Not magical at all. Just like anything else, companies are licensed to import things and they in turn sell them to distributors who in turn sell them to retail outlets. Ditto for domestic products, but the manufacturer either sells directly to distributors or else to a single distributor who then sells to other distributors.

Personal tip: If this was a real question, you may want to reconsider opening a store...

These guys.....

Attachments

• $20140620_152200-1.jpg
    $20140620_152200-1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom