What's new

Booster Island Bay Rum vs Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

I'd say probably about 3-4 hours after which it leaves a pleasant subtle afterglow. But you gotta slather it all over your head and body out of the shower to get the full effect.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for that! Cinnamon is surprising...

I've never tried the Boosters, but I love the VIBR. After I splashed some on my face the other day, I felt these drops falling on my head, just like a slow rain. I looked up, and they were angel tears. They were crying because they are not able to wear this. You should try it.

This only happens to me when I use Bootleggers Bay Rum. (I add a couple or three drops of bay oil per ounce and a pinch of benzoin per every 6-10 ounces, tho)
I had to wear a rain hat this morning so I wouldn't get soaked when I applied it, 'cause I didn't have time to towel off if I got soaked from the tears...
:thumbup:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/316714-Bootlegger-s-Bay-Rum?highlight=bootleggers

Another reason I recommend VIBR over the natural bay rums is the potency for the money. The stuff lasts all day when liberally applied to areas other than the face. Most of the traditionally manufactured BR's made with only natural extracts are pretty weak and expensive. I refuse to pay upwards of $35 for lightly scented alcohol. Seriously, the sillage with these lasts generally a few minutes max. The most potency and longevity from a natural BR comes from Royall IMO. Clubman VIBR is made from synthetic aromatic compounds and I'm happy with that.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I bought a sample of the Pinaud bay rum and used it for the last few days now. I was surprised to get an orange note out of it as I only read "cloves, cloves, cloves" anywhere I look. The performance reminds me of the Lilac Vegetal or Original. It looks like I might need to try the Booster version...

VIBR is great stuff!

I was told Captains Choice is the best BR with no clove scent - was surprised to find that VIBR and CC nearly smell the same to me, maybe VIBR is slightly "sweeter"

Top Bottom