What's new

Advice for a newbie

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I get your point with the FP's and can imagine it can be quite a personal thing having a pen or pens that are just right for you:001_smile I will no doubt be the same when I get more involved.

You quickly learn that people who don't use FPs don't understand how little pressure is needed, and how "standard ballpoint pressure" can damage the nib. Also, ballpoint people are used to pens being "cheap and disposable", and treat them as such. (Hey, that's all ballpoints deserve, but if someone accidentally walks off with your ballpoint or chews the end or tosses it across the room to you, you don't really care ... 'cause it's just a ballpoint that cost less than a cup of cheap coffee. I don't get upset with people borrowing paperclips and bending them all to crap or not returning them, either.)

So I had a go with the new pen, very pleased with it so far, very little pressure needed and the grip shape helps me keep it in the correct position. Been reading up on ways of practising and techniques, so hopefully I will start to improve my writing skills over time.
Thanks for the advice so far everyone:001_smile

Top Bottom