What's new

Public Opinion Aggressiveness Poll: Muhle or Edwin Jagger 89 vs Merkur 34/38C

Which razor head feels/behaves more aggressive to you?

• Muhle or Edwin Jagger 89

• Merkur 34/38C

• The difference seems like less than 5% to me

• I haven't used both

• I'm not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
In case you can't see the poll itself, the options are:

Which razor head feels/behaves more aggressive to you?

- Muhle or Edwin Jagger 89
- Merkur 34/38C (Merkur standard bar (SB) heads)
- The difference seems like less than 5% to me (the seem equal to me)
- I haven't used both
- I'm not sure

Please feel free to vote in the replies here if you prefer (but don't vote in both ways). Indicate a reply-vote with something like, "MY VOTE: Razor X is more aggressive to me"

Also, a complete list of related aggressiveness polls can be found here:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Mode...olls_being_used_towards_refining_the_rankings

I'm reading this data as the average Merkur SB head being usually thought of as more aggressive then the average EJ89 for the average shaver ... but probably only by 0.5 points since there is not a clear consensus (4 votes for EJ, 9 votes for Merkur, and 4 votes think they are equal).

If you disagree, please vote fast! This poll closes in less than 18 hours!

Last edited:
IMO the Merkur 34 and 38C are more aggressive than the other two. Mainly due to the weight of the Merkurs being "HD" models. The 38C being the heaviest I believe. All of the head designs are similar and pretty mild.

Final results are in!

Merkur SB > EJ89 (by 0.5)

I'm reading this data as the average Merkur SB head being usually thought of as more aggressive then the average EJ89 for the average shaver ... but probably only by 0.5 points since there is not a strong consensus (4 votes for EJ, 11 votes for Merkur, and 4 votes think they are equal).

Thank you to all who voted! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom