What's new

Kansas City Meet up October 25, 26, 2014

are we still looking at a 2 day event or just the Saturday?

Oh yeah, its still a 2 day event. I'm not driving 1081 miles one way just for one day. Day 1 is lots of hands on and sharing of information. Day 2 is a little more laid back but still hands on. We probably won't be heading home until around 3-4 pm on Sunday.

I'm looking forward to the get together. Today, I made a travel case for the stones I have.
I'll be bringing a roadside mystery hone also, if any one would like to help identify and evaluate it. Hopefully, I'll have it lapped by then, it is a hard stone and eats w/d like candy.

I also have a small Tabasco bottle of Lilac Vegetal with Warpiper's name on it :Veg:

Last edited:
Ah Man! Grew up in KC. Can't make it but what a great time to visit. Enjoy the shaving bonding, BBQ and a great town!

This sounds like fun. I live in KC and have my grandfather's Wade & Butcher. I don't shave with it, because, frankly, I don't know how.

Contact Courtney Brothers Barber Shop in Blue Springs. They do straight razor shaves.

That would be awesome. I'll try to make it

I'm looking forward to the get together. Today, I made a travel case for the stones I have.
I'll be bringing a roadside mystery hone also, if any one would like to help identify and evaluate it. Hopefully, I'll have it lapped by then, it is a hard stone and eats w/d like candy.

I also have a small Tabasco bottle of Lilac Vegetal with Warpiper's name on it :Veg:

Woo hoo! It will be interesting to see if I'm worthy. :w00t: Well, you'll be coming to the right place to ID the magical mystery stone. There will be several folks who should be able to answer that question.

Oh yeah, its still a 2 day event. I'm not driving 1081 miles one way just for one day. Day 1 is lots of hands on and sharing of information. Day 2 is a little more laid back but still hands on. We probably won't be heading home until around 3-4 pm on Sunday.

sweet! depending on how my brothers bachelor party goes, i should definitely be able to make it out on sun

I'll be bringing a Colorado natural stone and some homemade razors.

Any Updates?

I’m also curious if we might see a list of who all is expected to attend. If not, I understand.

@Warpiper, you stated before that you had 28 people coming and 8 maybes. But only 9 people had posted in this thread at that time. Where else are folks signing up for, or discussing, this meet up? How many are we up to now?

Top Bottom