What's new

Keen Work Boots/Shoes - Opinions Please

Gents, I work on my feet daily so good footwear is essential. I have worn Timberland Pro mid height work boots for the last two years and honestly, they have held up pretty well. I don't like how they 'wallowed' out a bit in the foot. It kind of looks like a hooked or club foot now. Yeah, my feet are a pain in the...foot. I also wear wide sizes so this is a major consideration. I understand all brands are a bit different in fit so let me list some of the brands I have worn over the years that did fit well. Chippewa pull on work boots. 9.5EE fit beautifully. The Timberland lace ups are 9.5EE as well but they always felt a bit tight and had to stretch a bit. Our recent trip to Yellowstone saw us looking for hiking shoes and I wound up with a pair of Merrell low cuts in 10W. They don't designate by letter widths. They fit pretty well.

So, I am looking at the Keen line. They have a goodly number of models in wide sizes and the general consensus online seems to be these are good quality footwear. What say you gents?

Cheers, Todd

Have you tried Belleville boots I have worn their boots for years. I still have several pair they are awesome. I have never heard of Keen boots. Just be careful what you order off the internet. I have heard of people ordering boots in their size and when they got them, the boots were too small or had other issues and then they had to return them at their expense only to get a refund for the boots only so they ended up paying shipping both ways.

Not sure about the boots but I have Keen Newport H2 Sandal/shoe things. I find them very comforatble and good support. Only thing is mine can smell pretty bad after a long day running after my four children. Apart from that they are on there second or third year without much sign of wear. So pretty good.

John

My Keens all run about 1/2 size smaller than other shoes. I have 3 pairs of leather shoes that I rotate through for my daily wear - not sure what the model is, just plain leather, lo-cut. I am on my feet on concrete for 10-12 hours per day and they are the best I have found. I also have a pair of the Keen leather hiking boots and they are just the same - very comfortable and ought to last a long time. I like the extra room for my toes and the leather seems as tough as cowboy boots, so I would say you can buy with confidence. If you can go into a store and try them on it would be to your benefit.

Thank you lads. This mirrors most of what I could find about sizing on the web. A bit smaller than other brandsxper given size. We have a couple of dealers locally but they never have the wide sizes. If they are lime the Merrells then a 10W would work. Really want to try them first though.

Cheers, Todd

Thank you lads. This mirrors most of what I could find about sizing on the web. A bit smaller than other brandsxper given size. We have a couple of dealers locally but they never have the wide sizes. If they are lime the Merrells then a 10W would work. Really want to try them first though.

Cheers, Todd

The toe-box of Keens are wider than most other brands, so you might not need a wide--hope this helps.

I bought the Newport sandals. The smell was awful after just a few hours of wear. Wife insisted that I set them out in the garage to air out.
I returned them to Sport Chalet.

I'm currently wearing the Pittsburgh model work boot from Keen with the steel toe. I really like them. I stand on concrete floors for 12 hours a day with a lot of walking and climbing and they've been very good. They have a pretty extensive line and I've been thinking of getting some other models to lower the weight. I was reluctant to get them at first because I've never had a molded sole boot hold up very long in my work environment, but these Keens have impressed me so far.

Don

I have several pairs of Keens and I believe that they are true to your sneaker size. I wear a 12 sneaker and that is what I purchase in their line. It is true about the wide toe box as I have to wear thicker socks to get a snug fit.

I've got a pair of Keen work boots, Milwaukees I believe. I absolutely love them. After having had, and worn through, two pairs of shoes (my fault due to not rotating them - they were so comfortable they were all I ever wanted to wear), I decided to get a pair of their boots. Incredibly comfortable and great support. I wear a 13 wide, so Keen has always been a brand that I've looked at when I need new footwear.

As has been said already, it's like they were made for YOUR foot. I've never even had to break a pair in.

Their warranty is excellent as well. My first pair had some stitching come loose, not unwearable in some situations, but annoying. I emailed them, they said to donate or recycle them and to pick out a new pair. I kept them for a pair of comfortable beater shoes and enjoyed the second pair!

I bought a pair of the Finley shoes four months ago and they are without a doubt the most comfortable shoe I have ever owned. I am on the plant floor about 1/2 my day, concrete floors and these are great. I have intermittent problems with plantar fascitis (sp?) and have a corn on the outside of my right little toe that makes finding comfortable shoes problematic. I highly recommend Keen.

No experience with Keen's - but I have some Wesco Jobmasters that are about 10 years old, still haven't been resolved and have taken a wild beating, and still look phenomenal. 3x the cost of Keen's, but I guaranteed it'll last more than 3x longer - and be more comfortable once broken in.

Top Bottom