What's new

First shave with an SE!

I picked up a GEM on the bay and finally got the blades in to give it a try. Honestly, it was a pretty awesome shave! Reminds me of a shavette with a lot less blade reveal. I use mostly straights and the occasional DE but I'm adding the SE to the rotation. Plus, when I'm done with the blades they can retire to the paint scraper. It's a win-win!

Congrats! I'm glad the SE works well for you. Good luck on resisting trying more and more :laugh:.

Also, good thought on the paint scraper. I'm always surprised at how sharp a "used" blade is.

It's always great to hear a positive experience from first time SE users. There is a whole wide world of SE razors waiting for you from every era and style. You might also be interested in taking a journey into injectors. :thumbup1:

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Yes, SEs are excellent razors, as are injectors which are a type of SE. My favorite SEs so far are the Cobra Classic and the Ever Ready Streamline, but I also enjoy the 1912 series and I love my many injectors.

The GEMs are almost a "straight on a stick." My MMOC and 1912 both give great, close shaves. I like to use them on the weekends. My Schick Model J pulls duty a couple of times a week.

Welcome, glad to see you are giving the SE's a go....love my GEM 1912 & G-Bar.
Also consider the Schick Injectors w/ the Chinese made Schick blades (Chick)....long lasting blades and great shaves.

Top Bottom