What's new

B&B Essential - Zippo lighter- *****Closed***

I just got a B&B Zippo in the mail today! First one got lost in mail so they engraved and shipped a new one out on the 25th. I had requested a pipe insert and got genuine Zippo, which I was pretty psyched about. So even though Lighters Direct indicated they can't source inserts for this lighter they were able to deliver on that as late as last week.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Got my pipe insert today from Lighters Direct. It appears to be identical to pipe inserts for standard lighters. Although the '35 is shorter than modern versions, the bottom half is the same depth, it's the top half that is shorter due to the flat profile of the top. as opposed to the rounded hump of newer designs.

Just want to give a big shout out to Lighters Direct. I had some complications with my order and they had to re-ship it. The new one arrived very quickly. In general, every time I sent correspondence to these guys I got a super speedy reply. Sounds like other folks had similar experiences in terms of these folks responding quickly and taking care of any road bumps that came up with their order. They have earned my repeat business :thumbup1:

It arrived. I am wondering if anyone else has what look a bit like tear-outs around the etching? I expected a smooth badger engraving but mine is decidedly... Unkempt looking.

It arrived. I am wondering if anyone else has what look a bit like tear-outs around the etching? I expected a smooth badger engraving but mine is decidedly... Unkempt looking.
It is the nature of the photo etch process on the satin metal. Mine is like that, and I'm sure almost everyone else's too. Still, the quality is excellent, and Lighters Direct has been great to deal with.

It is the nature of the photo etch process on the satin metal. Mine is like that, and I'm sure almost everyone else's too. Still, the quality is excellent, and Lighters Direct has been great to deal with.
It seems we have different experiences with laser photo etchings. Good to know mine was not an earlier screw up just tossed to one of the last orders.

It seems we have different experiences with laser photo etchings. Good to know mine was not an earlier screw up just tossed to one of the last orders.
Actually, had it been laser etched, the image may have had sharper edges, but you would see the track lines within the logo.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"

Can you post a pic of your lighter? We may be able to comment on it better if we see it.

Finally back home... That is as clear as it gets with the camera I have available at the
moment. The whole image just looks fuzzy anyway, the clearer it gets, the worse it looks.
I love the lighter. I thought the vendor did a great job with respect to quick service and excellent packaging, I just really cannot say much for the engraving on it. I will likely buy a few more lighters from them and see about getting one engraved locally.

I really like the lighter itself. Really excellent!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Well i've had my Zippo now for a few months and can give a proper review. As always with B&B LE items the quality is outstanding. I've been using Zippo lighters since day one and have had experiences ranging from outstanding to throw it in the trash. I've mostly been partial to the brass Zippo's because i love the weight and think they look awesome when they get scratched up and i love the patina after years of use. This was my first 1935 replica and was a little unsure how i would like the boxy style as opposed to the rounded edges, but i quickly got used to it. The famous Zippo "click" is a bit more higher pitched as well which sets it apart from my other Zippo's. Now the important part..how does it stand up against the elements? As a Merchant Marine a quality Zippo is important on a windy deck and this lighter has been unstoppable against mother nature. I've had some that ended up in Davy Jones' Locker they were so terrible. If it doesn't light my cigarette on a windy day what good is a Zippo? This has become one of my top 3 Zippo's. My best one is a Jim Beam Zippo (lots of brassy weight and great performance) my second is a special Freemason Zippo with my name on it and the 3rd is my B&B LE. Thanks to Lighters Direct for the fast delivery and thanks to you guys for getting this group buy together.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Domminigan, your lighter's image definitely looks rough around the edges compared to the two I received (the first one had a cracked case) . I'd email Lighters Direct, I wouldn't be surprised if they sent you another for free like they did me.

Top Bottom