What's new

Indian shaving creams reviews

Hey guys, I have a tube of Dettol Cool that I picked up at Patel Bros. here in Tampa. It had no cooling effect whatsoever, but that's ok because it gave me a very comfortable shave with great skincare.

Hey guys, I have a tube of Dettol Cool that I picked up at Patel Bros. here in Tampa. It had no cooling effect whatsoever, but that's ok because it gave me a very comfortable shave with great skincare.
The Cool fragrance reminds me of this.... $uploadfromtaptalk1448921560757.jpg

Today, I picked up some Godrej Rich Foam shaving cream at Patel Brothers. They have Godrej Lime as well as both Dettols. I'll get around to buying the Dettol Fresh and Godrej Lime someday.

I have used Old Spice--Lime, Godrej, and Yardley Ellegance available at dirt cheap prices, from a local Indian grocery. All have performed very well. The Old Spice--Lime is no longer available, unfortunately.

Some great finds there [MENTION=55167]MegaBullfrog09[/MENTION]! I've used the Dettol fresh in the past, but more than 3 years ago so don't remember how it was. Still haven't gotten around to trying it again, or the Cool for that matter. May do so next year sometime. Pounce on the Godrej lime when you can. It's a fine cream.:001_smile

Some great finds there @MegaBullfrog09! I've used the Dettol fresh in the past, but more than 3 years ago so don't remember how it was. Still haven't gotten around to trying it again, or the Cool for that matter. May do so next year sometime. Pounce on the Godrej lime when you can. It's a fine cream.:001_smile
I will end up buying both Godrej Lime and Dettol Fresh. There is no reason not to since they're all under $5.

I used Godrej Rich Lather today and was pretty satisfied with the shave. I like the fresh clean scent and it was insanely easy to lather up. Hopefully my skin doesn't have some delayed allergic reaction to the cream. I know that if I went to India, I would go insane with all of the shaving cream I would be buying. I would like to go someday.

I will end up buying both Godrej Lime and Dettol Fresh. There is no reason not to since they're all under $5.

I used Godrej Rich Lather today and was pretty satisfied with the shave. I like the fresh clean scent and it was insanely easy to lather up. Hopefully my skin doesn't have some delayed allergic reaction to the cream. I know that if I went to India, I would go insane with all of the shaving cream I would be buying. I would like to go someday.

I have a bunch of Indian creams which my secretary's brother brought me back from India. Here's the list:

Godrej (each variant)
Park Avenue (each variant)
Old Spice Original
Old Spice Lime
Romano
Glide
Palmolive Deluxe (strong scent)
Palmolive Lemon (much nicer)
Vi-John (each variant)
Amar (very nice)
Lomani (Haven't tried it yet)

I recently took a trip to the Around the World Market in Durham, NC and picked up a tube of Park Avenue, a Park Avenue synthetic brush, and a Gillette plastic DE razor that came with a tuck of blades. I spent about $10. I also went over to Spice Bazaar but all they had was Dettol Cool which I already have. I did get some fresh samosas though, quite tasty.

How many passes are you doing? I find that the first pass has minimal cooling effect, but second and third passes get cooler and cooler.

So I was in Little India in Journal Square, Jersey City (in NJ) for dinner. I had time to kill and saw that the supermarket had some Indian shaving creams. I bit the bullet and picked up two tubes: Palmolive Moisturizing Deluxe and original Old Spice. Saw others but took a pass: Palmolive Lime, Old Spice Lime, Dettol, Axe Demin. Surprised that I did not see anything from Godrej. Granted I only went to two supermarkets out of a bunch.

proraso green is the only cream I have used. I have been more of a soap guy but couldn't pass it up. Is it worth picking up any of the ones that I missed?

So I was in Little India in Journal Square, Jersey City (in NJ) for dinner. I had time to kill and saw that the supermarket had some Indian shaving creams. I bit the bullet and picked up two tubes: Palmolive Moisturizing Deluxe and original Old Spice. Saw others but took a pass: Palmolive Lime, Old Spice Lime, Dettol, Axe Demin. Surprised that I did not see anything from Godrej. Granted I only went to two supermarkets out of a bunch.

proraso green is the only cream I have used. I have been more of a soap guy but couldn't pass it up. Is it worth picking up any of the ones that I missed?
Yes ,for sure,these are all nice creams.Make sure the expiry date on the Old Spice is recent. In my experience the Old Spice creams sometimes will have the scent "turn" when exposed to high heat in India,they should smell very fresh and vibrant when new.If your are getting these for $2 to $4 you can't go wrong.You may find Yardley and Park Ave. creams as well,also very nice and with potent scents.

Has anybody here from India heard of Romano, SetWet, or Glide?

Only from your post! Set Wet sells hair products and deodorants here, but I haven't come across a shaving cream. I've seen Glide shaving foam in the can but never tubed creams. Romano I've never heard of or seen. Even google doesn't have any information. Could you share a picture of the Romano tube please?

Yes ,for sure,these are all nice creams.Make sure the expiry date on the Old Spice is recent. In my experience the Old Spice creams sometimes will have the scent "turn" when exposed to high heat in India,they should smell very fresh and vibrant when new.If your are getting these for $2 to $4 you can't go wrong.You may find Yardley and Park Ave. creams as well,also very nice and with potent scents.

I believe the OS and Palmolive expire in 2017 so I should be good. I tried the OS this morning and the scent was average and not overwhelming. The performance was good. I got the consistency to be similar to Proraso Green and it was pretty slick. No complaints and a pretty good performer for a $4 tube.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
This has been a fantastic thread. It made me go dig through my stash of things I thought I'd never get to and pull out a few tubes of creams (several Indian). They all work quite well, except for the Barbasol (not sure that's Indian). They fit in Dopp Kits better than bowls of Soap. Once I'm off the Looney Tunes Sabbatical, I think I'll get several to try

Only from your post! Set Wet sells hair products and deodorants here, but I haven't come across a shaving cream. I've seen Glide shaving foam in the can but never tubed creams. Romano I've never heard of or seen. Even google doesn't have any information. Could you share a picture of the Romano tube please?

I wish I could! I'm so sorry.

Top Bottom