What's new

Stone Cottage Soaps Premium Shave Cream

I stopped at Stone Cottage today and picked up a jar of their Premium Shave Cream. has anybody else tried this yet?

I will be breaking my 3017 and be trying this tomorrow

Yikes !!!!!

This stuff is really good !!!

$Fanwood-20140614-00070.jpg$Fanwood-20140614-00072.jpg$Fanwood-20140614-00073.jpg

Brian, sounds great. About that fouere. Is it what we think of as "English" or is it something a bit different?

Cheers, Todd

Sorry Brian. Poorly worded question. By English I meant does it follow what we think of as the English style fougeres such as English Fern or Wild Fern or is it different?

Cheers, Todd

I won the fougere and lavender scents in the auction and broke into the fougere this morning. The cream is not a soft, dip the brush to load kind of cream, but a bit firmer - I would call it a hard cream or a very soft soap. It didn't take long to swirl and load the brush and made for a great lather (face latherer) for a smooth, slick and comfortable shave with my Heljestrand with no tricky lathering technique. I really enjoyed the scent. I have many fougere soaps and they all smell different and everyone's sniffer tells them different things so I won't try to describe, but the Stone Cottage rendition has a nice strength and it was a wonderful way to start the morning with this smeared on my face while I scraped whiskers.

I won the fougere and lavender scents in the auction and broke into the fougere this morning. The cream is not a soft, dip the brush to load kind of cream, but a bit firmer - I would call it a hard cream or a very soft soap. It didn't take long to swirl and load the brush and made for a great lather (face latherer) for a smooth, slick and comfortable shave with my Heljestrand with no tricky lathering technique. I really enjoyed the scent. I have many fougere soaps and they all smell different and everyone's sniffer tells them different things so I won't try to describe, but the Stone Cottage rendition has a nice strength and it was a wonderful way to start the morning with this smeared on my face while I scraped whiskers.

Congrats on the win and thanks for the feedback. Looks like I might have to make room in the den.

I have 4 of their creams. Fougere, Lavender, Hesperide and Vanilla & Vetiver. It's more of a soft croap than traditional cream. They lather very easily, and provide a thick cushion and are slick slick slick! Scents are very clean...almost medicinal smelling like MdC .. and are on the mild/moderate side which I prefer. Hesperide is a wonderful citrus/light floral and is my favorite, followed by the vanilla & vetiver. The vetiver is light (like Guerlain vetiver) and not the heavy, musky earthy stuff. They are top notch products with excellent customer service.

They do have a sample package & travel sizes available.

Last edited:
Top Bottom