What's new

Spanish DE's?

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if there are any Spanish companies that made/make DE razors? I am interested in obtaining one, preferably vintage, but modern would be ok.

I have definitely seen a DE razor made in Spain, but can't now remember the name of the manufacturer. It was vintage and I do recall it looked like a copy of a Gillette Old type.

I'd like to think there was a 14 filarmonica for every male in Spain, but fantasy and reality often don't mesh....

I recently purchased an Iberia DeLuxe safety bar which has not yet arrived and also own a very nice Iberia DeLuxe open comb that is a fantastic shaver. These were made in Spain and in my experience are not seen very often.

I recently purchased an Iberia DeLuxe safety bar which has not yet arrived and also own a very nice Iberia DeLuxe open comb that is a fantastic shaver. These were made in Spain and in my experience are not seen very often.
Do you mind me asking where you found them?

Respond with some delay ...

Some spanish brands:
Maravilla
Iberia
Filomatic
Palmera
Iro
Beter
FNAT (Fábrica Nacional de Armas de Toledo)
Etc..

Iro:
proxy.php

Filomatic
proxy.php

Maravilla
proxy.php

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Wow, that Maravilla is handsome! Nice razor, thanks for sharing and welcome to B&B.

Saw a Maravilla, a few months ago. The guy wanted €90 ... Yeah, right!

They're cool, not €90 cool IMO at least. The case was also in poor condition, that one looks a lot better.

Here's a Palmera Adjustable "No. 7" Safety Razor from Spain. Similar but not exactly like the Gibbs and the Personna Precision Micrometric Adjustables:

Palmera Adjustable Razor, Spain1.JPG Palmera Adjustable Razor, Spain2.JPG Palmera Adjustable Razor, Spain3.JPG Palmera Adjustable Razor, Spain4.JPG

Top Bottom