What's new

Am I confusing a close shave with a good shave?

As the title really, I normally go for the full 3 pass and touch up which causes me problems on my neck.

Just recently though, there seems to be proliferation of posts where the authors and the responders seem to be quite happy with a 2 pass shave and touch up?

Which got me thinking, am I pushing the envelope too far? If I am, what constitutes a 'good' shave for you if it's not closeness?

Cheers

Jules

As close as possible while still being comfortable.

What he said :)

Though I'm guilty of pushing the minor razor burn in an effort to get a close shave. Personally, if I find rough patches (especially on my neck or jawline) it bugs the crap out of me all day. I'd rather have some minor razor burn than those pesky patches!

I'm happy to report though that as my DE technique has improved, and more importantly now that I've included Kyle's pre-shave routine, I'm getting a near BBS shave with usually zero razor burn!

The aggressiveness of my shave depends on what my day holds. If I am shaving for work, travel, just a day off, two passes is great. It may not be BBS but, seriously, how many times does someone touch your face during the course of a normal day? However, if I’m going out I spend extra time in prep and add a third pass. Women seem to appreciate a smooth face.

Top Bottom