What's new

Forum forgive me for I have sinned

Everyone went back at some point. Sometime you are just out of time and I mean like 'Oh god! I have 2 minutes to shave and jump in the car' literally.

I would PIF the gear but they are gone, and being in Trinidad for another month would not works as they would be cleared out anyway.

The shaves were not bad, but the DE is so much better and leaves me feeling clean all day. I can not believe I turned back. At least I did not fall for the new flexball. I already spent my time in the corner, and gave offering of blood to King Gillette at the hands of my Milord this morning.

I've rarely had a bad shave from a Mach 3 or a Fusion. In fact they are pretty much foolproof. But they lack soul..... For those of you that appreciate watches, it's like comparing a Rolex or an Audemars Piguet to a Casio. Even if the Casio tells the time better, there's little satisfaction in it.....

Used to grab the wilkinson 3-blade during the week while I learned how to use a straight. This was before I ever owned a DE.

When I got my DE89 I never touched carts again except as travel razors. We all gotta do what we gotta do at that particular time. No harm done and just be glad you came to your senses!

Let he who is without tin cast the first stone. Like a tin can of gillette goop. It comes in tin. Haha. Not funny.

I've rarely had a bad shave from a Mach 3 or a Fusion. In fact they are pretty much foolproof. But they lack soul..... For those of you that appreciate watches, it's like comparing a Rolex or an Audemars Piguet to a Casio. Even if the Casio tells the time better, there's little satisfaction in it.....

Please sir, kindly refrain from comparing Casios to cartridges. Nothing against fine timepieces in fact I had a nice Datejust recently. But we Casio fans can never get the "Swiss Automatic only" crowd to understand and that's well and good but to compare my gw-5500 to a mach3... well I won't be having it! :001_smile

dont feel bad, sometimes, when i miss a spot or two, i use the ol remington electric buzzer to touch it up.

sometimes i'll be fully cleaned, have all my supplies put back up and notice a missed spot. its just more convenient to use the electric. cause face it, i'm not going to re-lather, re-soil all my supplies just to buff a centimeter.

Please sir, kindly refrain from comparing Casios to cartridges. Nothing against fine timepieces in fact I had a nice Datejust recently. But we Casio fans can never get the "Swiss Automatic only" crowd to understand and that's well and good but to compare my gw-5500 to a mach3... well I won't be having it! :001_smile

hey man, theres a reason the casio 168 has been in production for all these years. it is a classic, and if i lose it or break it or anything, 15 bucks is a lot better than 1500. watches aren't worth that much money in my opinion. a couple hundred for a lifetimer would be a good investment. but so far these 168s last about a decade, and they're stylish.

Drop and give me 50 waterless shaves!! LOL

No worries and confession is good for the soul, isn't it? I tell my Boy Scouts (I'm Scoutmaster) that forgiveness is my favorite "f" word.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
If a proper shave is not an acceptable excuse for being ten minutes late for work you need new employment.:001_huh:

DE85! Next time your temped to do the 2 min. shave put your ear next to the cabinet and listen to the sobs of you real razor and brush. GO STAND IN THE CORNNER AND FEEL THE SHAME.
Happiness is a face full of lather. Denis:001_smile

hey man, theres a reason the casio 168 has been in production for all these years. it is a classic, and if i lose it or break it or anything, 15 bucks is a lot better than 1500. watches aren't worth that much money in my opinion. a couple hundred for a lifetimer would be a good investment. but so far these 168s last about a decade, and they're stylish.

What's a watch? Is that a free app for my phone? Wait,...no, I think my phone already keeps time. :001_tt2:

Last edited:
What's a watch? Is that a free app for my phone? Wait,...no, I think my phone already keeps time. :001_tt2:
Yeah, and you can shave your beard with a Fusion.

I don't really get how people can get around without a decent wristwatch (or pocket watch).

Wear and tear on your face with multi-blades is sneaky. Things seem fine at first but over time the face begins feeling tired enough that one stops looking forward to shaving. For some. ingrown hairs begin to appear, too.

Perhaps you need to practice up a low-prep DE shave for yourself. Any number of creams can be rubbed onto a wet beard, hydrated well and then shaved right away. Try cold or luke-warm water shaves. A quick shave is something I find handy to have in my quiver of skills.

Top Bottom