What's new

World Cup Fun Pool(Football/Soccer)

Football is a game with 21 men running around for 90 minutes and then the Germans win it. Took them a little longer this time.

This is the first World Cup that Germany won as a unified country, and this is probably the most historic day in German history since the Wall came down.

Thank you, Argentina, for making this a great game :thumbup1:

I have never seen it so popular in the States as it has been this year. They are actually showing it at "portable" drive-in theaters and many drinking establishments are running promotions.

I have never seen it so popular in the States as it has been this year. They are actually showing it at "portable" drive-in theaters and many drinking establishments are running promotions.

I really hope that soccer stays unpopular. Imagine how long we would have to hear about Messi. ESPN would make their analysis of LeBron look like nothing. We would go months with ESPN developing models about how Messi and Maradona compare.

How about Messi's Golden Ball? Fair?

Not in my opinion, but FIFA thinks differently.

Completely unacceptable...Messi scored all of his goals in the group stage and did nothing after that. What about Klose? What about Müller? These guys actually did something...

FIFA also thinks that corruption is ok, so who am I to question them? :001_rolle

I really hope that soccer stays unpopular. Imagine how long we would have to hear about Messi. ESPN would make their analysis of LeBron look like nothing. We would go months with ESPN developing models about how Messi and Maradona compare.

Do they have a talk show circuit in Europe?

Completely unacceptable...Messi score all of his goals in the group stage and did nothing after that. What about Klose? What about Müller? These guys actually did something...

Yes, Müller and Klose would be much better choices too, but somehow I enjoyed very much watching Robben, was a great World Cup for him.

How about Messi's Golden Ball? Fair?

Not in my opinion, but FIFA thinks differently.

Arjen Robben perhaps ...

Messi didn't do enough overall, not even the best in the Argentinian side, Mascherano was better over the whole tournament. Maybe James Rodriguez or Robben for Golden Ball

Top Bottom