What's new

Old Style Shaving Scuttle

I'm referring here to mugs such as these
$scuttle.jpg

--not esteemed scuttles like that of Sara Moss, Georgetown Pottery, or Robert Becker.

So, if you do use a traditional, old school scuttle, do you enjoy it? Did you trash it? What was your experience? I'd like to gather them on this thread.

Thanks,

Julio

My old school scuttle never gets any use.... It has an Arko stick mashed in the top. I prefer to face lather with a stick and to place my brush in a moss scuttle.

I just bought two old school scuttles but was un aware that they used small soap pucks. I still have not used ether of them yet. I am leaning more toward purchasing a modern scuttle similar to the Big daddy or the dirty bird.

I have one that I bought when I first started wet shaving, but haven't used it in a very long time. It's now just a cool decoration.

I have one made by Wedgwood. It is a work of art. I use it regularly, keeping my puck on it for loading the brush, and I soak the brush in it while I'm showering. I lather in a separate bowl. As a practical matter, I wish I had a Georgetown Pottery G20, but the Wegwood scuttle and matching boar brush are so pretty that I would hate to give them up. If I ever do get the G20, I will probably leave the Wedgwood out on display.

Ok here they are. I just bought these two scuttles from the bay, If I never use them at least they will look good on the shelf in the barber shop.
$Image0549[1].jpg

Top Bottom