What's new

June 2014 acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion

Staff member
What, nobody is buying stuff this month?

I'll start, but it is just a small one. I found a L'Occitane soap bowl in a thrift store today for $1. Pretty happy with that!

proxy.php

Not an acquisition per se, but a couple of birthday gifts. A Merkur 15c and a local soap. Not sure how to describe the scent... A bit of mint with some camphor and menthol? I've got to finish another soap first. Don't like to have too many on the go at once.

$IMG_0753.jpg

I picked up a Feather AS-D2 in the B/S/T and made it out of Pasteur's Pharmacy yesterday with only 3 soaps (great restraint required). Pre de Provence, Haslinger Schafmilch and La Toja stick. 50 Gillette Platinums on the way.

$June Shaving Aquisitions.jpg

I had a few packages waiting for me upon my return.

An order from Feelunique:

proxy.php

A few things sent from a friend in France:

proxy.php

Here's the last package I had waiting for me... one of my holy grail brushes, and a custom order:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here it is in the company of my Rooney 3XL Heritage Original Gel Tips (my densest brush... until now) and the CH2 2-Band:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I think the picture from above clearly shows the density and size of the knot, and makes the 3XL look almost like a Wee Scott! :001_cool:

Cheers.

A few things I just brought back from Japan...

A few after shaves:

proxy.php

A kamisori straight razor, bought at the small Hayakawa Hamono store in Kyoto:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's the owner putting a finishing touch with a Japanese whetstone:

proxy.php

Cheers.

Picked up this Simms brush today. Always wanted a green one. Will probably be my first restore.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 411
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom