What's new

June 2014 acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I purchased the full-meal-deal Van der Hagen shave and brush set. It included the razor (a TTO), badger brush, very nice, weighty razor and brush stand, pack of 5 blades, puck of VdH Luxury soap, and an apothecary mug which is far more impressive than the little bowl they sell with their smaller set. All for $20 at a second hand store. It was apparently remaindered from a mainstream store which found that it wasn't moving and they needed the shelf space. So, nice deal for me but too bad it wasn't selling well enough at the previous venue.

A few things I just brought back from Japan...

A few after shaves:

proxy.php

A kamisori straight razor, bought at the small Hayakawa Hamono store in Kyoto:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's the owner putting a finishing touch with a Japanese whetstone:

proxy.php

Cheers.

Very cool. I use Lucido myself after every shave. Good stuff.

Bought a gently used Dovo Best with some updates scales and an SRD latigo/linen strop for $115 off the bay. Good deal? I thought it was a steal

Minty blue tip. B-3. It has oo underneath the head. The opposite of the ++ I assume on a red tip?

Attachments

• $IMG_20140615_093735_101.jpg
    $IMG_20140615_093735_101.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 281
Just received this little brush as a Father's day gift from my Grand Daughter. I used it today and it makes good lather. It will break in fine, and is small enough to be a great travel brush.
proxy.php

$foto 2.jpg

Went to a shaving store in the Netherlands and got me some.

T&F St. James 1805 Shaving Cream
Proraso Pre-Shave Cream White
Layrite Pomade
Dovo Straight Razor, the cheapest one they got (just to get me learn honing, instead of training on the harder Henckels Friodur I got).
And some Acca Kappa shower and Cologne samples, as well Zirh face cleanser.

Father's Day was good. All my kids,SWMBO and I took off for a hunt. The hunt was good. $image.jpg$image.jpg
Can't wait for Christmas or my birthday.

Just received this little brush as a Father's day gift from my Grand Daughter. I used it today and it makes good lather. It will break in fine, and is small enough to be a great travel brush.
proxy.php

That is so cool, except for the ones I can buy over here at a shop the next town over, I've never known these brushes existed elsewhere! I bought one in 2 different shades of blue, a red and a black. Doesn't actually work that bad.
Cheers
$IMAG1501.jpg
$IMAG1664.jpg

THIS is why I appreciate the Italian Barber and why I do my shopping there.
There was a minimum 5 business day delay BEFORE shipping went out, but despite this, 6 business days later my box came...
$IMAG1696.jpg

I just received this Shavemac custom brush via FedEx International this afternoon. 142 Handle in Tortoise, 25 mm Silvertip Knot, 52 mm loft. I tried using a flash and without for the pic to capture the depth of the tortoise, but I don't think it caught it all. It is amazing. Very pleased.
$WP_20140616_22_13_54_Pro.jpg$WP_20140616_22_13_03_Pro.jpg

Good looking brush up there!

Here's my new acquistion, just before I wanted to get into the shower the doorbell ring...
And boy was I pleased... :w00t:

$vintique_image.jpg

Muhle R41 with three souplex blades.
Allume di Rocca - Alum bars.
BdF Esclusivo soft shaving soap and with ASB.
BdF Mistero soft shaving soap and with ASB.
TFS Anniver Italian Fern soft shaving soap.
TFS Linnea Intenso Bergamotto Neroli Forte soft shaving soap with the ASB.

And last but not least some free samples of:
TFS Barba Blu shaving soap.
BdF Classico.
BdF Raffinato.

Gillette English flat bottom new. Awaiting delivery from Germany...

Tons of Razorock product from Italian Barber. That place will be the death of my wallet...

Pelikan SE M320 fountain pen in ruby red. If Italian Barber doesn't kill my wallet, then discovering "The Nib" surely will...

Stopped at a small town Pharmacy and picked up the last of their schick injector blades and Wilkinson DE blades. $4.00 / pack for the injectors and $0.50 / pack for the Wilkinsons.
$20140617_163257.jpg

First was my haul from a local art event we have in my city every year

Second (minus the razor) was my father's day gift.

(Edit: pictures don't attach, not sure why)

My Gold Dollar #66 and el-cheapo strop arrived while I was out of the office for a few days... Looking forward to doing a bit of work on this.

$GoldDollar66.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom