What's new

Again I tried Pinaud Lilac Vegetal-and I HATE it!

If it's lilac I smell, it's only the stem and the leaves.

My grandmother had a French lilac tree that I use to play in when I was a kid. That is definitely the smell I get. I remember it being very strong and did at times smell a bit like urine. I guess that's one thing I like about the Veg is that it tends to take me back to when I played in the tree.

Smells EXACTLY like a filthy, old, urine-coated mens bathroom you might encounter at a gas station that never gets cleaned. The lilac is the flowery urinal cake aroma, mixed in. Disgusting.

I wonder if you guys that are "chosen" might not be able to smell a dirty, urine-coated toilet either?

This is a mystery to me. I think those that like the VEG have a sense of smell that can't detect when it's time to clean the toilet. LOL :lol:

Smells EXACTLY like a filthy, old, urine-coated mens bathroom you might encounter at a gas station that never gets cleaned. The lilac is the flowery urinal cake aroma, mixed in. Disgusting.

I wonder if you guys that are "chosen" might not be able to smell a dirty, urine-coated toilet either?

This is a mystery to me. I think those that like the VEG have a sense of smell that can't detect when it's time to clean the toilet. LOL :lol:
As high goddess of the secret veg ites...I take umbredge to that sir lol :lol: Sok the MIC isn't chosen either

It could be worse. I wanted to like it. SWMBO and Jr. SWMBO liked it but for me all I ever got was "powdery". Not chosen, nor rejected, just ignored.

It's odd but every time I use the Veg it smells a little differently. But my sense of smell is a bit off because I smoke. I still use it at least once a week which is more often than most of what's in my collection.

I wanted to like it. I gave it a week trial, then revisited it a month later. It just didn't choose me. It reminded me of a glade air freshener lilac smell with the undertones of day old grass clippings.

Although I'm not among the chosen, both my granddaughter and I will attest to the power of the Veg. There is something mystical about it.

I wanted to like it. I gave it a week trial, then revisited it a month later. It just didn't choose me. It reminded me of a glade air freshener lilac smell with the undertones of day old grass clippings.

Although I'm not among the chosen, both my granddaughter and I will attest to the power of the Veg. There is something mystical about it.

Your family seems to have fallen to the power of the Veg, but not really in a good way I would guess...:blink:

You are a brave man to try it twice. I tried it once. Every tom cat in the neighborhood came and sprayed my entire yard. I couldn't leave the house for two days. :blink:

At the risk of repeating myself, because I posted this in another Veg thread, I will share my wife's reaction to my first experiment with this galvanizing, enigmatic scent last weekend. She reacted with "THAT SMELLS TERRIBLE! LIKE ROTTEN PERFUME! What man would want to smell like an old lady? It smells like it has been in a drawer for 50 years."

So, yeah, I probably won't be revisiting my little sample bottle.
:001_huh:

Sooo, as this product is so controversial I decided to try it. Yup, urine. There is a place in my city where the street people like to urinate. The owner of this spot puts some kind of disinfectant/descenter over it. This product smells like that place. No lilac here. No love from me either. My wife thinks it is "floral" and very subtle on me. She is neutral on it. However, the other Pinaud products seem fine to me.

I tried it once and that was 1 time too many. Several hours after I applied it my son, who was sitting at least 10 feet from me started complaining about rotting food in the trash can in the kitchen and the smell was making him incredibly nauseous. We came to realize the stench was actually coming off of my face and hands! I washed my face and hands a half dozen times and still couldn't get the stink off. What's weird is that it didn't smell that bad when I put it on. It didn't smell good, either, but just a boring powdery floral smell. On my skin and over time --- wow, it transformed into something horrible!

Top Bottom