What's new

To Open or Not to Open, That is the Question?

Open or not open?

• Open

• Don't Open

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you should send it to me, so that I an open it and use it, Or I might frame it ad hang it on the wall to show those who after us what a framed razor looks like.

Im not a collector as such, I only keep stuff if I use it but when it comes to original packaging I would keep it sealed.

The first mistake you made was getting just one.

+1 The second mistake you made was asking everyone what to do. :tongue_sm

I have a NOS Black Handle SS and a user grade. The NOS is sitting in a drawer waiting for the day when I'm ready to PIF it and torment someone with this very dilemma. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I think the only time I wouldn't open a still sealed package of anything is maybe a sentimental reason, or because I found a duplicate of something. You can't shave you're face if the razors in the package.

What are you saving it for? Unless you're planning to display or donate it to a museum as an outstanding or rare example of a 1970s Schick injector; sell it for many times what you paid; or pass it on for someone else to eventually use, there's no reason not to open it up and enjoy it!

Last edited:
I say do not open, there is real 1970's air in that packaging, two things to consider about that.
First, who knows what they were doing in the 70's releasing that air and the substances contained there in could lead to unexpected side effects.
Do you really want to risk that you start wearing purple bell bottom Corduroy pants and polyester paisley shirts?
Second what if years from now scientists need to test the 1970's air and compare it to the current air ?
You might just have the last 1970s air there.

Top Bottom