What's new

To Open or Not to Open, That is the Question?

Open or not open?

• Open

• Don't Open

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wanted to see if you guys think i should open this or not open it? I got this from a member here last week and i just received it and cant decide what to do...

Last edited:
I don't know about this particular razor or its value.
But I received a gillette DE in a similar unopened condition. Not once have I regretted my decision to open it up and use it.

Open it. Use it as it was meant to be used. Enjoy the heck out of it. Unless you are a collector. I personally, am a user.

Oh pleeeeze, this is a no brainer decision - Just open it and use it :thumbup:

Early stages of this poll will already tell you. OPEN it and use it…AND ENJOY IT! Life is too short.

That razor has sat on the shelf with all his other razor buddies just waiting to be bought. Then that one lucky day he gets to go to someones house and they just shove him in a drawer or another box somewhere, never to be used for the last 31 years.

Open that razor up and give him the opportunity to be used in a manner that his intelligent creator destined him to be.

If you got it to use.... USE IT

If you got it to add to a COLLECTION, put it away.

simple decision.

I've opened many NOS razors but I bought them so that I could use a NEW one of that model so had already made the decision before purchasing.

I agree, if you purchased to use, open it ... but apparently you didn't make up your mind before purchasing.
It's only NOS once.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
If it were mine I would leave it as NOS. Just because I would want to add it to my collection.

But really, like Mick said. If you are in to collecting then leave as is. Worth more NOS.

If you are in to using, bust it open and use it.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It's already old. The greatest pleasure that can be had from an item like this is to be the first to use it. Alternatively, you could hold it for a while then sell it to someone who wouldn't appreciate it to earn some money that you could have just as easily obtained by hanging drywall.

If anyone here needs money that badly, let me know and I'll send it to you. (Offer expires June 7, 2014)

It's already old. The greatest pleasure that can be had from an item like this is to be the first to use it. Alternatively, you could hold it for a while then sell it to someone who wouldn't appreciate it to earn some money that you could have just as easily obtained by hanging drywall.

If anyone here needs money that badly, let me know and I'll send it to you. (Offer expires June 7, 2014)
I see what you did there... :lol:

I have nothing new to add to this. I'm a user, I buy things to use. If you bought it to have a NOS Schick Protector in your collection then don't open it. If you bought it to see how a shave is from a NOS Schick Protector, then open it.

If I ever purchase a NOS razor, I will surely not open it. Plenty of user grade razors to shave with. Then again, the chances of finding NOS examples of the razors I like are pretty slim, so probably I will never have one.
I am a user too, just don't use all my razors, simply because I don't care for the shaves some of them provide.
They ain't going anywhere though.

You could also find another one that's NOT new and use that. And save the NOS one. This will feed your curiosity an you'll be able to save your new piece. BUT, if you choose not to buy another one...I still say open it. I doubt this razor will ever be worth a small fortune and you'll find more joy using it than staring at it in the box. Just go for it and enjoy!

Top Bottom