What's new

Newbie warning: Two months of RAD looks like.

I started my wet shaving journey about two months ago, with a Merkur 34C, a cheap Omega boar brush, some Proraso, and a blade sampler. Two months of RAD, and winning a PIF or two looks like the picture below. Not pictured are all of the items I'm PIF-ing tomorrow (fat handled tech, BS Maca Root cream & ASB, Omega brush, blade samples, and a puck of Williams), or my recent online purchases (cheap Gold Dollar straight/strop, and a NOS Simms brush)

$image.jpg

Newbies, consider yourselves warned. I hope you're either single, or have a wife that is as great as mine.

As as a side note, thanks to everyone here at B&B. I've learned a TON from the members and wiki here, and really enjoy the community here. I would have NEVER imagined being so infatuated with friggin' shaving, of all things!

Nice travel kit you got there :D

just kidding, I'm now following you cause of PIF-in that Fat Handled Tech, I started thinking about trying tech.

BTW, that straights look great!

That may be a 2 month record! When do you have time to shave with all that buying! Anyone out there who can top this??

Oh man! This looks like my collection after a few months of dropping the electic shaver. I have way more soap and after shaves. I just contracted RAD. I already have 10 or so DEs. Not too much into the straight edge stuff yet although I picked up a barber box with 3 of them. Enjoy it. Cheaper than fishing.

That may be a 2 month record! When do you have time to shave with all that buying! Anyone out there who can top this??

I dont think I can beat it, but im close. Ill try to post a pic tomorrow.

...and that's just the stuff I've bought! Today alone, I left four brushes, a really neat vintage blade bank (shaped like a frog, ceramic, and disposable), another strop, and five straights in the wild!

I'd be broke if I bought everything I've found!

So far, my favourite DE is my Slim adjustable, although I have yet to use my super speed, milord, or either of my aristocrats.

Really enjoying straight, and going to give lapping film a shot to try getting some of my finds into shave-ready shape.

Favorite soap/cream is a toss up between Proraso Green, and DRH Arlington. Favourite AS is Clubman, hands down. Love the stuff, and SWMBO really likes it too.

I must WHOLEHEARTEDLY second everything winchester said theis wetshaving thing can turn into a real nightmare (but what a glorious nightmare it is) if you arent careful. Now let it be said that I have actually been wetshaving for over 5 years, up until April 3rd of this year it was just that, shaving. It has now taken on a life of its own. On April 3rd i had this + a bottle of AV..............
$IMG_3033.jpg

It is now June 7th and I have this............................
$IMG_3035.jpg

Be warned the people here at B&B are a serious influence. And I for one love them all for it. Fellow B&B'ers I salute you.

P.S. - Thank God SWMBO did not see me lay all of this stuff out to take a pic.

Be warned the people here at B&B are a serious influence. And I for one love them all for it. Fellow B&B'ers I salute you.

I have to agree. Other than a birth year shaver all I had that was classic was some El Cheapo no name TTO. These guys have opened my eyes that there are very good vintage razors out there and now I'm hunting for my first vintage to buy. I'd never consider that just a couple short years ago. Its down to a Slim or Aristocrat and don't know enough to pick yet.

I started my wet shaving journey about two months ago, with a Merkur 34C, a cheap Omega boar brush, some Proraso, and a blade sampler. Two months of RAD, and winning a PIF or two looks like the picture below. Not pictured are all of the items I'm PIF-ing tomorrow (fat handled tech, BS Maca Root cream & ASB, Omega brush, blade samples, and a puck of Williams), or my recent online purchases (cheap Gold Dollar straight/strop, and a NOS Simms brush)

View attachment 458253

Newbies, consider yourselves warned. I hope you're either single, or have a wife that is as great as mine.

As as a side note, thanks to everyone here at B&B. I've learned a TON from the members and wiki here, and really enjoy the community here. I would have NEVER imagined being so infatuated with friggin' shaving, of all things!

If it's any consolation to you, you know how to pick good stuff.

I would go horribly close and I've only been going for about two months or so.

My Haul is:

Rhodium Gillette ATT Fatboy 1959
NOS Gillette Slim Adjustable 1965
Rhodium Gillette ATT Slim Adjustable 1965
Rhodium Gillette NEW Long OC 1938
Short Handled Black Beauty Super Adjustable 1969
Gillette Rocket HD 500
German Gillette Parat
1940's Super Speed
1955 Super Speed (Regular)
1955 Super Speed (Red Tip)
1955 Super Speed (Red Tip) This one is boxed
2 x GEMS - one ornate - one plastic handled.
1 Merkur HD 34C
1 Weber Stainless PH with Bulldog Handle
1 NOS Gold Gillette tech (ball end) (on the way)
2 x Thin Handled boxed gillette techs (Thin Handled) (1 of these is on the way)
1 Rhodium US Aristocrat 1959 Notched (On the way from Sport Shaving)
1 Gillette Blue Star Lady Super Speed boxed (NOS) - for the wife!

1 Edwin Jagger Best Badger brush
1 Frank Shaving Silver tip Badger
1 Vintage Rubberset brush

1 Proraso Red
1 Proraso Green
1 Col Conk Bay Rum
1 Cella
1 EJ Sandlewood

1 EJ Black Handled Shaving Mug

2 Styptic Pencils
1 bar of Alum

500 Derby Extras