What's new

Found shave supplies shop - Good thing or bad thing?

So I've recently discovered a small shop about a 5 minute drive away from my house that carries a TON of very very nice shaving supplies. Among other things, they carry the 3 T's, Jagger, C&E, Captain's Choice; they sell brushes, razors, creams, soaps, after shaves, and a plethora of other men's grooming products. So... good thing or bad thing?

I've already dropped quite a bit to sample some of the products I've been meaning to try (including Trumpers Rose, GFT, Coconut, and TOBS Avocado) but haven't pulled the trigger on online orders yet. Boy does buying this stuff in a shop make it easy to rack up the dollar signs. If anybody's curious, the shop is called The British Isles in Houston, TX. They're conveniently located and have great customer service.

They do carry a wide range of products from a line I've never heard anything about. It's called Crowley and Tosh. They have their razors and their brushes. Lots of them. Anybody familiar with this brand? It doesn't seem to be one of those names that is frequently mentioned around here.

Didn't see anything by Muhle, that would have been even more icing on an already heavily frosted cake.

Just wondering if they have any old stock Muhle R41.s
Probably not. In a store called "The British Isles" I don't think you'd find any German products.

I had an Anglo-oriented store down the street from me at my last apartment. They had lots of British groceries and candies and all sorts of things with the Union Jack decorations, but very little shaving goods or other grooming items. The only thing I really remember was a wide assortment of Kent shaving brushes, but the prices on everything were so horribly inflated that I wasn't about to buy anything. It was a fun place to window-shop, though.

I've been toying with the idea of opening up a store/shop in the uk like that.Not too sure it would do well though. Most people are cheep skates when it comes down to it.. Present company excepted of cause.

So I've recently discovered a small shop about a 5 minute drive away from my house that carries a TON of very very nice shaving supplies. Among other things, they carry the 3 T's, Jagger, C&E, Captain's Choice; they sell brushes, razors, creams, soaps, after shaves, and a plethora of other men's grooming products. So... good thing or bad thing?

I've already dropped quite a bit to sample some of the products I've been meaning to try (including Trumpers Rose, GFT, Coconut, and TOBS Avocado) but haven't pulled the trigger on online orders yet. Boy does buying this stuff in a shop make it easy to rack up the dollar signs. If anybody's curious, the shop is called The British Isles in Houston, TX. They're conveniently located and have great customer service.

They do carry a wide range of products from a line I've never heard anything about. It's called Crowley and Tosh. They have their razors and their brushes. Lots of them. Anybody familiar with this brand? It doesn't seem to be one of those names that is frequently mentioned around here.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!
proxy.php

marty

Top Bottom