What's new

Thanks Andy! Metropolitan PIF Winner

I entered a PIF in the Contributors Corner a couple months ago and then my contributors badge lapsed. And then I won the PIF! Woot! So I'm posting my appreciation and thanks to Andy from Adelaide, South Australia. :001_smile :biggrin1: He is the man, and quite the gentleman for extending the PIF to a lapsing member. :thumbsup:

This PIF is particularly loved because I've had a few rough months. I've been working 60-80 hr weeks, peaking through May. I am regularly 2 weeks behind on my B&B threads, which truly hurts. June is getting a little better, I think I'm down to 70 hrs :a48: It's all good, I'm earning and loving what I'm doing. It should yield some very good results by the end of the summer.

I have a Cross fountain pen that was a graduation present from long ago. I use it in my folio and have been eager to enter new territory by way of The Nib... ever since joining B&B. In the PIF Andy offered a Pilot Metropolitan pen, medium nib, shipped direct from The Goulet Pen Company. It has a "python" print on the accent band and a matte finished metal body. It writes very well and it will become my standard pen on my desk at work. I think I can see a few vintage fountain pens in my future.

Enough with the background. Time for some pictures.

The packaging suited my OCD very nicely.
$Metropolitan Fountain Pen from Goulet 2014-06-05 .jpg

Lots of ink samples, both Sheaffer and Lamy.
$Metropolitan Fountain Pen from Goulet 2014-06-006.jpg

And a pad of paper
$Metropolitan Fountain Pen from Goulet 2014-06-007.jpg
$Metropolitan Fountain Pen from Goulet 2014-06-011.jpg

The writing feels smooth and it's a natural. Andy included a Pilot converter.
$Metropolitan Fountain Pen from Goulet 2014-06-014.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear that it arrived Jeff! That's a nice looking pen :thumbsup:

And it was only 1 month, not 2 :001_tt2::001_smile

Congrats. Awesome PIF. Kudos to Andy - a true gentleman.

But Jeff, I have to know. What flavor tootsie pop did you get?

Good question Chris, c'mon Jeff, where's the tootsie?

I notice that they included a sales/packing slip, even after being asked not to........ :mad3:

Yes, but the packing slip was personally signed by Crystal! There were no prices listed so perhaps they thought they met your expectations.

The Tootsie Pop was the "blue" flavor, officially. It lasted about as long as the bubble wrap.

Yes, but the packing slip was personally signed by Crystal! There were no prices listed so perhaps they thought they met your expectations.

The Tootsie Pop was the "blue" flavor, officially. It lasted about as long as the bubble wrap.

Thanks Jeff, that's good to hear. I did find it a little odd, as I have sent quite a few PIFs and always request no sales listing to be included.
Perhaps the priceless list is new?

Hmmmm, blue tasting tootsie, and blue shrink wrap, maybe they're finding uses for the Oompa Loompa's now that the Goulets have a full staff.

Dare I say that the tootsie tasted Ooompalicious :lol:

Top Bottom