What's new

Back in the game!

Well, after 20 years of a full beard, I whacked the whole thing off today. I had been thinking about this and preparing for quite a while (including surfing this site as a lurker, what a great source of information!). Boy things have changed since last I lathered up with a can of Noxema!

So, my first shave of the new millenium was done with my trusty old Gillette Sensor razor, but also with the products from the Art of Shaving trial kit. I managed to get through it without any severe damage, and with about 90% of a nice close shave. The combination of the preshave oil and the lubricating shave cream really made the shave a new experience, very smooth and no pulling. I need to work on technique, though (hell, i hadn't shaved the top of my lip since 1976.....) That will come with practice.

I have to say I like the way my face feels right now, and hope the feeling stays around. I'll give it a couple months to see if I want to make a committment to the morning ritual. And hopefully I can keep the dreaded razor burn at bay, i had real problems with that back in the day.

So thanks for having a resource like this around, i look forward to participating.

Jim

That is quite a change...shaving was horrible for me for 10 years or so but now thanks to old methods I doing just fine and I'm sure you will too

Top Bottom