What's new

Nib Acquisitions for June 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also a surprise gift from one of the fine gentleman on here (Best Members on the WWW) another Wearever, this one in gray.

Two purchases from the auction place...my second Wearever Pennant. For a cheap pen I like them, but you probably wouldn't so don't bother bidding on them. :lol:

For my son, a yellow Jinhao 599B Medium with a converter only $6.17 shipped half way around the world in 1 week. :blink: Dipped it and it writes very well! I may stock up on a handful of these to give away. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403028340.705557.jpg
Vanishing point. Matte grey. Med point. Inked with private reserve ebony green.

The body is not slick, but the head and accents, where it is matte black are. I have been extremely happy with the pen. The ebony green is a great business color, especially for working in the "City of Greenville." I would like to purchase another, but I cannot for a long while. I promised, this would be my last purchase (for awhile)

Very nice! :thumbsup:

What is the finish like? I had the Matte black VP that was released some time ago, found it very slippery.

From the Goulets: the Clairefontaine Triomphe paper package set, plus samples of:

Diamine Chocolate Brown
Sheaffer Red
J. Herbin Orange Indien (again)
J. Herbin Bleu Nuit (again)
J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune

Ordered 3x100 sheets of Tomoe River correspondence paper; I posted the link in the Tomoe Paper review site.

Also ordered two 80ml bottles: one Diamine Chcolate Brown, the other Diamaine Eau de Nil.

Also, over the weekend: silver Pilot Metropolitan, M nib on the $10 Staples deal so I can swap the nib with a Plumix 1.0mm stub.

Last edited:
From the Goulets: the Clairefontaine Triomphe paper package set, plus samples of:

Diamine Chocolate Brown
Sheaffer Red
J. Herbin Orange Indien (again)
J. Herbin Bleu Nuit (again)
J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune

Sheaffer Red is such a great color. IMO, it is the truest "correction" red there is.

Sheaffer Red is such a great color. IMO, it is the truest "correction" red there is.

That's why I bought it.

Still on the hedge regarding a Pilot Prera in ivory (F nib) but that's not a formal acquisition... yet.

ETA: Pilot Prera (F) in ivory on the way; however it could be 3-6 weeks.

Last edited:
The Wearever Pacemaker is a very underrated vintage pen...mostly because of the Wearever name. But, it's got a 14K nib and the celluloid is very reminiscent of the Parker Striped Duofold and it's substantially cheaper. I picked this up at that online auction place and just received it this evening. It needs a new sac, but otherwise looks good to go.

$IMG_1610.jpg

$IMG_1611.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Very nice, Larry! I think I have one of those in a more subtle gray stripe around here somewhere. Button filler, right?

Yep, button filler. Should be an easy restoration. The old sac is already gone and everything looks good internally.

I bought these Pilot Metropolitans on sale for $10 each at Staple's O/L, picked them up today at their local store and plan to use for gifts & so I kept all the boxes & instructions.

Who knows, I may even keep on for testing some new ink samples :001_smile

$Pilot Met#2 1 of 1.jpg

I bought these Pilot Metropolitans on sale for $10 each at Staple's O/L, picked them up today at their local store and plan to use for gifts & so I kept all the boxes & instructions.

Who knows, I may even keep on for testing some new ink samples :001_smile

That is a great deal, and it is apparently still going til the 5th. Might have to pick a few more up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom