What's new

The new "King Cobra" razor from Classic

Raising the price on an item that regularly sells out quickly after each batch appearance would seem to be prudent capitalism rather than stinky.

I couldn't agree more. That said, I don't own one and I doubt I ever will. But if the market will bear your price, go for it.

To the Cobra users out there: I shave happily with the ATT H1. I was surfing this forum when I came across the "New" Cobra. I am not really interested in switching to a single edge razor (What would I do with my DE blade stash?? I am well stocked into the next millennium!) but I am intrigued. Is the Cobra more aggressive than the H1? Is the attraction that the Cobra is one step closer to a straight razor than even the most aggressive safety razor?

Thanks

I love the Cobra because, to me, it is the ultimate refinement of the Single Edged Injector razor using the finest blades available. I have never used an H1, so I can't comment on it, but the Cobra is the smoothest, most efficient razor that I have ever used. I'm not sure what you mean by the term "aggressive", but the Cobra is not harsh, uncomfortable, or unforgiving, which is what most people seem to mean. Also, those superb blades last an amazingly long time.

I hope that you enjoy your razor as much as I enjoy the Cobra.

Last edited:
To the Cobra users out there: I shave happily with the ATT H1. I was surfing this forum when I came across the "New" Cobra. I am not really interested in switching to a single edge razor (What would I do with my DE blade stash?? I am well stocked into the next millennium!) but I am intrigued. Is the Cobra more aggressive than the H1? Is the attraction that the Cobra is one step closer to a straight razor than even the most aggressive safety razor?

Thanks

I find the H1 more agressive than my Cobra, it's not even close. That said I do get excellent shaves from both. For a quick shave I use the Conra for its wide head and when I have time I'll go with the H1 for that BBS joy.

I find the H1 more agressive than my Cobra, it's not even close. That said I do get excellent shaves from both. For a quick shave I use the Conra for its wide head and when I have time I'll go with the H1 for that BBS joy.

Hmmmm........Tempting

D

Deleted member 48987

It looks like one of these has already slithered it's way on to flea bay.

D

Deleted member 48987

I used the king cobra yesterday and it was absolutely fantastic. When I first held it, I did feel concerned that it would not be as maneuverable as the cobra classic, but during the shave I had no such problems. I think the tightness of the blade securing clasp, the heft of the razor, and the improved knurling/grip has made for a greater sense of control during the shave. I had one of the best shaves I can remember. I do believe, as others noted, that is does not require as steep of an angle as the previous generation. I also found the razor to be a little bit less aggressive, but only a little bit. This was a welcome change for me as I did used to get the occasional wheeper. I am thoroughly impressed by this razor and for me it is the best thing out there.

Well, given the location of the seller and ebay+paypal fees and he'd lose money if it sold at the opening bid. Remember that in CA we pay about $21 in sales tax on this razor so it costs about $260 delivered.

Well different stroks,I shaved this day with the Feather AS-D2 using a feather blade,did a great job on a 3 day growth but not as clean as my King Cobra using a Pro blade.I've used the King 3 X since last week & I think the shave is hands down better than my Feather razor.This is just my opion not looking to start a pissing contest!I dought you could go wrong with either razor,they will both be rotated.I think I happen to like a more aggressive shave so I think that's what I'm feeling.The AS-D2 is a bit on the mild side.

I know I'm a newbie on the sight but I've been shaving for more than 53 years with a very heavy growth.........

The new one is too expensive (razor + shipping + 21% tax + customs handling), I do get to try it from a friend however. Owned the Classic and sold it because I liked my feather DX better (straight shaver) but have to agree that it was a very good razor.

Wow i just saw this, and i have the Original Cobra Classic in Mint Condition, I just cant belive it is selling for $240.00 Bucks, That is an insane price :blink:

They Take away a nice Snake Shaped all Metal Handle and add a Plastic or what ever Cheap material it is and Jack the price up ? if anything it should cost them alot cheaper to make it as it is all in pieces, I am sure they are making a killing on this for $240.00?

If that Razor cost them 30 Bucks to make that's is alot of money.

Like the guys in The Shark Tank Say, "I'm Out" Wont be Purchasing this King Cobra.

Stanley From Above the Tie, if you can read this, Now is the chance to jump into a Single Edge Market, Make one Stainless Steel and knock these guys out of the box. We have waited long enough :eek:/ Bring it Stanley, Bring it :eek:)

Last edited:
It is like any indulgence; the person acquiring it (in this case, me) thinks that there is enough of a difference to the product that it becomes worth it to the individual (in this case, me).

I typically dont chase unicorns; discontinued tallow soaps, premier-tier shave brushes (exception: I lust for a genuine ivory handle), or vintage razors. I enjoy using the Cobra Classic that I have and I like long handled razors, so giving this a try is something that I can and want to do.

I COMPLETELY understand that a majority of the population would not derive the same cost-benefit conclusion as I did; the same way that I cant connect with spending the same amount of money on something that is non-durable, like a sporting event, a concert or even a bottle of fine liquor (I am looking at you Pappy Van Winkle!)

Then again, the majority of the population shaves with canned goo and cartridge razors – and I know that they are wrong.

I must agree i know of many addictions mine seems to be wet shaving

Wow i just saw this, and i have the Original Cobra Classic in Mint Condition, I just cant belive it is selling for $240.00 Bucks, That is an insane price :blink:

They Take away a nice Snake Shaped all Metal Handle and add a Plastic or what ever Cheap material it is and Jack the price up ? if anything it should cost them alot cheaper to make it as it is all in pieces, I am sure they are making a killing on this for $240.00?

If that Razor cost them 30 Bucks to make that's is alot of money.

Like the guys in The Shark Tank Say, "I'm Out" Wont be Purchasing this King Cobra.

Stanley From Above the Tie, if you can read this, Now is the chance to jump into a Single Edge Market, Make one Stainless Steel and knock these guys out of the box. We have waited long enough :eek:/ Bring it Stanley, Bring it :eek:)

Very educational thread.

Top Bottom