What's new

The new "King Cobra" razor from Classic

Does that mean you have an interest in making SE razors? I'd be glad to add another ATT razor to my collection.

I have been giving it some thought but I am not sure what the demand is. Also not sure what guys would like to see in a new model. This thread has given me some insight however I am always open to some input.

Through a stroke of good fortune I finally have a King Cobra heading my way. I've been waiting/looking for well over a year, more eagerly since I had the chance to try it in the much appreciated pass around. I have a classic and use it daily, but for me the King was better ergonomically in both shape and size.

Yesterday, I received notice that the King is available. This morning, it's AGAIN "out of stock". I remember from Economics 101 that limited availability tends to support higher pricing; however, I question whether availability as limited as the King's supports anything other than a decision to buy something else!

Yes, I'm disappointed. Yes, this is sour grapes. C'mon, guys - give us a chance to show how much money we're willing to spend on a really good razor!

I am thinking it was a mistake, because I was on the site within seconds of getting the email yesterday, and it was out of stock.

Question for KC owners - I recently got one and the bottom edge has quite a bit of play in it - even with blade "locked in". Is this normal for this razor? Seems odd for such a high end razor.

I think it must be normal. Mine has that, so I called Classic Shaving and they sent me a replacement toggle. No difference--but it shaves very well and I have not had a nick, weeper, or any irritation since I got it. I think it is because of the large holes that the blade keeper pivots in. The holes are large in order to accommodate the various blades which the razor can accept. My Cobra Classic is from the 2nd run, and it has the large holes and some play. I understand that the first run of Classics had smaller holes, but could only accommodate the Pro and Guard blades, not the Super Pro.

Top Bottom