What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

At Elite Razor, I seek out the highest quality and most exotic materials in order to build razors and brushes that are as unique as you are. Gallery grade burl woods, fine imported resins, snake skin and vintage Bakelite. These are only a few of the materials from around the world I use to make my razor and brush handles.

My razor handles are designed to be available as 3-piece handles only or fitted with a Merkur, Edwin Jagger or Muhle head. Additionally, these handles can also be installed on a Merkur 2-piece HD razor. Just let me know and I will set the handle to your preference. The brush handles can be fit with your choice of knot and loft.

I love what I do and as a result, I will typically have 40 – 50 brushes and over 100 handles that I have built and are in inventory and ready to go. I also do custom orders, so if I don’t have just what you want in inventory, please contact me via PM or my email at [email protected] and I will be happy to work with you to build your special piece.

Below are several pieces I have completed to give you an idea of my work:

A 3-piece handle made of Ringneck Pheasant feathers cast in clear acrylic and fit with an Edwin Jagger head.
$1565a.jpg

Cobra skin 3-piece handle cast in acrylic.
$1347b.jpg

Gallery grade Thuya burl handle fit to a Merkur 38C.
$1637c.jpg

A custom Silvertip brush with watch parts “floating” in the acrylic handle.
$9749.jpg

Shaving set made of gallery grade Desert Ironwood burl with a Merkur 34C and a Silvertip brush.
$5059.jpg

Please visit my site at www.eliterazor.com to see many more pieces like those shown above.

In honor of Father's Day, I am offering a 15% discount on all my handles, brushes and pens currently in inventory. Please enter "June2014" (without quotes) at checkout to receive the 15% discount.

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

Just a reminder that all in stock handles, brushes and pens at Elite Razor are on sale through Father's Day at a 15% discount. Please enter June2014 at checkout and your total will be reduced by 15%.

Thanks, Bob

Looking for a perfect Father's Day gift? Gift Certificates are now available at Elite Razor!

Let him choose just the right razor, handle, brush or pen that suits him.

Below are a couple of new pieces I've just completed that are ready for Dad.

Russian Bog Oak
$9873.jpg
Thuya Burl
$9869.jpg

Malachite
$1745b.jpg

Wild Horse Jasper
$1748b.jpg

Thanks for looking, Bob

I have just completed a few new brushes and have listed them on my site.

Lignum Vitae - 110mm overall with a 50mm loft. This handle will also accommodate a 26mm knot

$9876.jpg

Mesquite burl - 117mm overall with a 50mm loft. This handle will also accommodate a 26mm knot

This is a new shape and if you would like to leave your opinion, I would appreciate it.

$9877a.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

Just got a Persian Turquoise handle from Bob today. Fantastic craftsmanship as the pictures don't do his work justice.

I have just added the handles shown below to my site.

Kingman Turquoise

$1750b.jpg

Skull and Crossbones

$1751b.jpg

American Flag, just in time for the 4th.

$1755b.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Bob

I just recently completed several new pieces (handles and brushes) that are now available on my site. Below are picture of a few of the pieces.

Please note that all my razor handles are available with a Merkur, Edwin Jagger or Muhle head, or fitted to a Merkur HD razor.

Malachite 24mm brush

$9879.jpg
Thuya Burl razor handle

$1761b.jpg

Tourmaline Laced Quartz razor handle

$1766b.jpg

Puzzle razor handle - 20 individual laser cut pieces, hand assembled

$1765b.jpg

These and many more are now available on my site.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

I just finished a couple of new pieces and have added them to my site.

Blue Pearl Beehive - 24mm
$9880.jpg

Harlequin razor handle
$1773b.jpg

These an many more are listed on my site.

As always, thank for looking,

Bob

A couple of new pieces that compelled me to make some obscure musical references.

"Smoke on the Water" - This handle is made from Purpleheart. Prior to applying the finish, I hit it lightly with a blowtorch to bring out this amazing Deep Purple.

$1775b.jpg

"Last Mango in Paris" - Below are a razor handle and brush made from the same block of Curly Mango. This is one of the best figured pieces of Mango I've seen in many years. The brush is a 22mm Silvertip with a 50mm loft.

$1777b.jpg$9881.jpg$5064.jpg

These pieces and others are listed on my site at www.eliterazor.com

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

Very nice pieces there. If you don't mind me asking, what material is the blue beehive? I've been trying to turn some polyester without it chipping :)
So just wondering what techniques you use.

Very nice pieces there. If you don't mind me asking, what material is the blue beehive? I've been trying to turn some polyester without it chipping :)
So just wondering what techniques you use.

The blue beehive is a polyester resin. The keys to turning polyester are sharp tools, shallow cuts and keep your tool firmly on the tool rest. It's easy to get too aggressive with polyester and that's the primary cause of chipping. Patience yields good results.

Bob

The blue beehive is a polyester resin. The keys to turning polyester are sharp tools, shallow cuts and keep your tool firmly on the tool rest. It's easy to get too aggressive with polyester and that's the primary cause of chipping. Patience yields good results.

Bob

Thank you sir! I'll have to keep trying with mine. I've had decent results but haven't tried anything too fancy yet...

Top Bottom