What's new

Elite Razor - Custom and Unique Razors and Brushes

Hey Guys! Never posted in B&B before but just wanted to share my excitement! I found Bob by accident while trying to find someone that did custom Merkur 34c's. (My all time favorite DE razor) He was nothing but pure class from the first email sent. After we talked for a while I decided upon a Merkur 34G with his Imperial Jade handle. Look how pretty she is! I'll never part with this razor! I'd love to pass it down to my future son one day! $Andy.jpg

Last edited:
She's beautiful! I love Bob's work...it's a pleasant change compared to all the stainless steel, aluminum, zamak products on the market.

Shown below are a couple of new additions to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Speckled Amber - Your choice of either a Mach 3 or Fusion head
proxy.php

Green Acrylic brush featuring a ridge of alternate Ivory
proxy.php

Alternate Jade Beehive
proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking,

Bob

I have recently come across a wonderful selection of resin blanks suitable for brush handles. Each of the pieces were individually poured as samples, so they are all truly one of a kind. Any comments on these handles would be appreciated to help me in the future selection of brush blanks.

The brushes shown below are now available at http://www.eliterazor.com in the Neo-Resinate Brushes section. I have several more pieces that I expect to have completed over the course of the next week.

Black/Gold/Blue Swirl
proxy.php

Brown/Green Swirl
proxy.php

Gold/Brown Swirl
proxy.php

Blue/Gold/Brown Swirl
proxy.php

Red/Silver Swirl
proxy.php

Bob

I got one of those Neo-Resinate razor handles from you last year and it is one of the best looking handles I got. These new brushes just take things to the next level. Any chance that these blanks will make it's way to your razor handles?

Right now, I only received these blanks in sizes for brush handles. Let me know if there is specific color combination you like and I will see if I can get some blanks built for razor handles.

Thanks, Bob

Those handles look fantastic. I'm biased towards a very specific handle shape at the moment but the colors and swirl pattern are great. It's hard to pick a favorite but the brown/green swirl looks very classy.

[FONT=&amp]Thought I might update this thread with the pair that Bob made for me. Both of these are with his new Manchurian White 2-band knots. Both are also 26mm knots set at 51mm loft. All I can say is I'm in shock at how wonderful these knots are. The softness of the hair in these knots is on the same level as my Shavemac and Thater 2-band hair brushes. These knots have very solid backbone and absolutely zero scritch or scratch. One could go right ahead and set the knots down a bit if they like, to 50 or 48 if they so choose and no problems would be had. I'm absolutely thrilled with not only the knots but the handles themselves. The depth of the gold/black resin on the first brush shown here changes in different light, almost holographic. These knots are so incredible they literally blew me away on the first use. I just purchased two more of the knots on his website. If one out there likes Shavemac or Thater 2-band hair and wanted a different type custom brush I highly recommend these knots. Moreover, if one is interested in Shavemac or Thater 2-band hair and do not want to pay the premium, here is a fantastic way to experience 2-band hair at a wonderful price. I'm serious, you will be shocked at the luxurious feel of these brushes. I'm not a photographer so I apologize for the picture quality.

Pre Bloom:
[/FONT]
$small_gold.jpg

Post Bloom:
$8-20-2016 012.JPG

Horn Pre bloom:
$small_horn.jpg

Horn Post bloom:
$8-20-2016 013.jpg

Gooey tips:
$small_gooey.jpg

Just got through using the Horn brush. I'm still amazed at how soft these tips are with providing solid backbone. These are incredible incredible knots.

I am currently working on a batch of stone razor handles and should begin listing them on my site (http://www.eliterazor.com) within the next few days. In the meantime, below are a couple of brushes and razor handles that have just been completed.

Black and Silver Resin
proxy.php

Floating Watch Parts
proxy.php

Speckled Amber
proxy.php

Blue and Green Resin
proxy.php

As always, thanks for looking.

Bob

[FONT=&amp]Thought I might update this thread with the pair that Bob made for me. Both of these are with his new Manchurian White 2-band knots. Both are also 26mm knots set at 51mm loft. All I can say is I'm in shock at how wonderful these knots are. The softness of the hair in these knots is on the same level as my Shavemac and Thater 2-band hair brushes. These knots have very solid backbone and absolutely zero scritch or scratch. One could go right ahead and set the knots down a bit if they like, to 50 or 48 if they so choose and no problems would be had. I'm absolutely thrilled with not only the knots but the handles themselves. The depth of the gold/black resin on the first brush shown here changes in different light, almost holographic. These knots are so incredible they literally blew me away on the first use. I just purchased two more of the knots on his website. If one out there likes Shavemac or Thater 2-band hair and wanted a different type custom brush I highly recommend these knots. Moreover, if one is interested in Shavemac or Thater 2-band hair and do not want to pay the premium, here is a fantastic way to experience 2-band hair at a wonderful price. I'm serious, you will be shocked at the luxurious feel of these brushes. I'm not a photographer so I apologize for the picture quality.

Pre Bloom:
[/FONT]
View attachment 682800

Post Bloom:
View attachment 682801

Horn Pre bloom:
View attachment 682802

Horn Post bloom:
View attachment 682803

Gooey tips:
View attachment 682804

Just got through using the Horn brush. I'm still amazed at how soft these tips are with providing solid backbone. These are incredible incredible knots.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks, Mark

Bob that's my line. Thank you for providing such an incredible brush/knot to the shaving community. You deserve the praise, I'm thrilled with these brushes sir. Premium knots at a fraction of the price, with custom handles. Tough to beat. I'm still in amazement that my Thaters and Shavemacs are rivaled by these knots right here.

As promised, here is part of the first batch of stone handles now available at http://www.eliterazor.com

Chrysocolla
proxy.php

Blue Lapis with Gold Flecks
proxy.php

Larimar
proxy.php

Bloody Basin Jasper
proxy.php

Azurite with Malachite
proxy.php

Bob

I have just recently completed a number of new stone razor handles that are now listed on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com. Shown below are just a few of the new additions.

Persian Turquoise - The best Turquoise available is Persian Turquoise, which is more blue than American Turquoise. The turquoise beads of a bracelet found on the wrist of Egyptian Queen Zer within her tomb in the early 20th century were dated back to 5500 BC. Turquoise beads were hugely popular in Egyptian jewelry making. Turquoise beaded pieces carved with Islamic and Persian proverbs have been discovered throughout the Mideast. The turquoise stone itself was sacred and revered, and is still the national gemstone of Iran today.
proxy.php

Malachite - Malachite is a very the famous and popular semi-precious stone. It is named for the Greek word for “mallow”, a green herb. Its banded light and dark green designs are one-of-a-kind, and give it a unique ornamental quality unlike that of any other stone. The light and dark green bands are so distinctive that Malachite may be one of the most easily recognized minerals by the general public.
proxy.php

Larimar - Larimar is a distinctive gem that is found exclusively within a small inaccessible mountainous region of the Dominican Republic. It is a variety of Pectolite, an acid silicate hydrate of calcium and sodium, not a very uncommon mineral in all parts of the world. However, Larimar demands attention by gemologists because of its brilliant volcanic blue coloration.

The discovery of Larimar, also known as the Dolphin or Atlantis stone, is quite phenomenal. The blue coloration that is rarely found in gems, combined with its occurrence only in a small inaccessible island makes it rarer. Today, Larimar is regarded as a treasure to possess and this is solely attributed to the wonderful brilliance of the stone and its effect on humans.
proxy.php

Bob

Thank you for your interest in my work.

They are listed in the "Stone Handles and Razors" category under Handles and Razors.

Bob

Several new pieces, both razor handles and brushes have been added to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com. Please see these and many more at my site.

Copper and Silver Swirl
proxy.php

Black and Silver Swirl
proxy.php

Brown and Silver Swirl
proxy.php

Gold Laced Onyx
proxy.php

Sodalite
proxy.php

Bob

I have just received a shipment of the High Mountain and Manchurian White knots. I have both knots in 24, 26 and 28mm in both Bulb and Fan shape. They are all listed on my site under Premium knots in the Shaving Brushes category.

If you would like me to set one of these knots into one of my handles, please select the handle only option for the brush, select the knot of your choice and let me know your preferred loft. The knots are also available individually.

I have also completed a few new brush and razor handles. Shown below are just a few of the new additions to my site athttp://www.eliterazor.com.

Thuya Burl - The Thuya tree is a short scrub-like conifer indigenous to Morocco. The exceptional natural patterns in the grain are only found in the root of the tree. The color is golden brown to red, highly figured with small eye clusters of tight burls. It is relatively rare. This wood has been coveted since Roman times for woodworking and furniture and in modern times extracts from the tree are used in both homeopathy and aromatherapy.
proxy.php

Spalted Tamarind - Spalted Tamarind is native to tropical Africa, the tree grows wild throughout the Sudan and was so long ago introduced into India that it often reported as indigenous there. The excellent wood is known for its dramatic and unpredictable figuring and black-line spalting. The colors include tan, rose and light yellow accented by the darker brown and black spalting lines. Finished products are quite dramatic. Some African tribes venerate the Tamarind tree as sacred. To certain Burmese, the tree represents the dwelling-place of the rain god and some hold the belief that the tree raises the temperature in its immediate vicinity. Hindus may marry a Tamarind tree to a Mango tree before eating the fruits of the latter. In Nyasaland, Tamarind bark soaked with corn is given to domestic fowl in the belief that, if they stray or are stolen, it will cause them to return home. In Malaysia, a little Tamarind and coconut milk is placed in the mouth of an infant at birth, and the bark and fruit are given to elephants to make them wise.
proxy.php

Irish Bog Oak - The boglands of Ireland are a vast living treasure trove for precious and unique material. Bog wood, more ancient than the pyramids of Egypt, has been naturally preserved, and has lain hidden for over 5,000 years. Radiocarbon dating at Queen’s University, Belfast confirms: “In providing dates along with sculptured wood, you can safely say, in the case of bog oak, the date of growth of the wood is between 3300 and 3600 BC”. There are many folk legends surrounding the old bog sites of Ireland, especially during the hours of darkness: it was, and perhaps still is, a commonly held belief that when the mist enveloped the bog and the blue flame (from static electricity), danced across the surface at dusk, it was a sure indication that “the little” people were cooking their supper.
proxy.php

Bob

The brush shown below may be the finest example of Waterfall Bubinga I have ever had the pleasure to work. I had no idea when I started turning this piece of the beautiful figure and depth of grain that was hiding inside. It was just listed and is available athttp://www.eliterazor.com

proxy.php

Bob

Top Bottom