What's new

Razor question

When you are not using your razors (merkur/gillettes) do you keep them tightened or do you unscrew them a little??? i've been unscrewing them a little after i shave because i figure that they will last longer if they are not under that stress inbetween shaves. anyone out there do the same??? any thoughts???:confused:
thanks

I leave mine tightened and simply rinse with hot water. I shave daily and change blades or razors every 4 days so I don't think it effects the blade one way or the other.
The only time I loosen a razor is when I am using one of my adjustables and want to dial up or down.
I use a New Improved Open comb most often and always make sure the blade is seated squarely, so once tightened, I leave it alone until I change it.

I leave mine tightened and simply rinse with hot water. I shave daily and change blades or razors every 4 days so I don't think it effects the blade one way or the other.
The only time I loosen a razor is when I am using one of my adjustables and want to dial up or down.
I use a New Improved Open comb most often and always make sure the blade is seated squarely, so once tightened, I leave it alone until I change it.

my concern is not so much with the blade as in the razor. specifically the superspeeds. i know they were designed to close tight, but i was thinking that leaving them tight for a week (roughly) at a time might weaken them or make them not tighten effectivley over time???? just a thought i was asking myself. thanks for your response.

my concern is not so much with the blade as in the razor. specifically the superspeeds. i know they were designed to close tight, but i was thinking that leaving them tight for a week (roughly) at a time might weaken them or make them not tighten effectivley over time???? just a thought i was asking myself. thanks for your response.

I think most of these vintage SS have been sitting around tightened down for years already. I don't think they will wear so much under these conditions in my lifetime that it would be an issue.

I open mine up just to help the water evaporate. My water at home has rust in it coming out of the tap, so I don't wants those "seeds" growing on my blade edges.

Why didn't you tell me you were fighting RAD.......?

You better buy a half dozen because these things bend just looking at them..:lol::lol::lol:

OMG!!!! i got the RAD again!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t: this time it crept up on me and made me hypothesize and rationalize. everytime i catch it, it gets worse and worse.

Top Bottom