What's new

The "King" Cobra Classic Tour

Well on the arrival night I suffered premature shavulation, I ended up taking a quick shave which seemed easier and smoother than my cobra classic. For the first shave and this morning I used a feather guard although the razor looks too big it's perfect to me. I used a high grip on the handle and allowed the weight to do the work, for comparison I use the CC by gripping low on the handle. Changing to a Feather Pro tomorrow. I didn't think so but I might be putting the CC ON BST in the future but more testing will tell. So...I like it. I also find it milder just a bit than my CC which my skin likes. Pics l8tr

Now that I have 3 shaves in on the KC I do find the weight and length an improvement over the CC. A new one pass razor champion I think due to less pressure being needed. I like this razor still feeling that it's milder and more efficient than my CC, I like it enough that I might wait until my week is done to compare against the CC.

@Mondo: Thanks for your review. I only wished that you posted up some pics.

@Jazzguy: Kindly post some pics of the KC when it arrives.

WARHAWK

For warhawk sorry for the quality

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406769551.885685.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406769564.748472.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly the KC went to the post office today. I shaved with my CC this am. The week with the KC really made the CC feel rough, the KC is smoother.

Michael thanks again for sharing this razor

Last edited:
I've now had two shaves with a Kai Mild and two with a Feather Pro. I'd say the razor is slightly milder than the Cobra Classic. I find the handle too large and unwieldy. I might get used to it but I'm finding that I have to pay attention during the shave for some maneuvers because of its bulk. I would prefer a similar but smaller handle. I had the razor in the shopping cart the day it was released and now I'm glad I passed on it. I don't think it offers a substantial improvement over the Classic nor does it warrant the price tag. A big thanks to Michael for sending this on tour so we can try it out. I have been taking some pics of the razor which I hope to post soon.

I had some unexpected down time today and decided to try measuring the King to see why it seems to shave a bit differently than the Classic. As far as I can tell the blade gap was nearly identical, perhaps very slightly narrower on the King but probably not enough to effect the shave. The blade cradle design also appeared nearly identical but there was something different about the head. Holding the two razors together and viewing from the side it appears that the downward angle of the blade has been reduced in the King. If this has been reported elsewhere I missed it. I'd like to take photos of this but it's beyond my ability. Here's a pic of the King with the 2014 B&B LE:

$kingcobra.jpg

That was fast! I received the King Cobra today. My first thought when I unwrapped it was-holy cow, it's friggin huge & why so big? Now we'll see how it performs. I will report my impressions in a couple of days.

Well, this is Friday morning and time to try the King Cobra on a couple days growth. Mike's coconut/tallow was used & produced gobs of lather. I used a new mild pink blade.
1st pass was very smooth and rather uneventful really. 2nd pass was x grain and I could tell this razor is something special-slick, smooth w/no issues. 3rd pass against the grain was very smooth. I was able to maneuver the head as needed under my nose, chin etc. It is very intuitive getting the correct angle. The down side would be the (extremely) large handle. I guess some would get use to it, although I would like the ability to put a smaller handle on it. By-the-way, my shave was in the one of my "best shaves category". It shaved smoother and just as close as my Cobra Classic.
I thought this was funny and spot on. When I unwrapped the razor my wife saw it and said it looked like it belonged in my tool box and not in the bathroom. She's a character.
I will try to send pictures. I may have some trouble as this is a new computer: Sure enough, something's wrong. I can't insert pictures. I will be working on that and send pictures later.
Shave on,
Vic

ps: Almost 2 days later and I noticed that the shave was/seemed as close as my Cobra Classic, but it did not seem to last as long. I could tell the difference 12 hours later. YMMV.

Last edited:
Hi Vic: Thanks for your review and the pics. Wow.... those pics validate how huge the KC stands next to the CC and your other razors.

WARHAWK

My feeling on this razor after using it a few days is positive and negative, I guess. The large handle still turns me off. It's fun to use, the shave was good, but my Cobra Classic gives me a longer lasting shave. The price might also be an obstacle especially as there is or will soon be alternatives to choose from. I would take a pass even if I did not have the Cobra Classic mainly because of the handle and cost. FWIW.

Thanks to Michael for letting me/us use it. It is very generous and much appreciated.
Vic

Hi All - B&B members Agravic and Ben74 did something that never occurred to me: they had custom UFO handles crafted by Rafael for their King Cobras. With their permission I am sharing a few of their photos. Now there is a razor worthy of its name!

These are Agravic's custom handles.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408819616.670689.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408819627.743868.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408819637.194132.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408819647.825593.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom