What's new

The "King" Cobra Classic Tour

As noted in another SE forum post, earlier this month I came to possess one of Classic Shaving's new King Cobra Classic razors. Being afforded the opportunity to try this razor never would have happened without the members of B&B and, therefore, I would like to give back and share this razor with the community. Following is the list of members I have compiled thus far based on PMs of interest. Please see below the list if you have interest in participating in the pass-around.

glassmtn99
AABCDS
alabamalawyer
Sullybob
MondoJ
jazzguy
vpayne
turtle
Mojo88
sgtd
warhawk
JeffBr
xxvaleria
Tim_McD
Monsieur Blaireau
Rob W
TripleG
eldonanda
intotheforge
cpacamper
Haggises

General requirements for tour participation
To start I am offering the opportunity to try the razor to members that, like myself, own and enjoy the Cobra Classic or participated in the original Cobra Classic SE Tour (which is ongoing). B&B members in "good standing" are also welcome to send me a PM regarding participating in the tour. I would suggest active and good standing infers you have been around B&B for at least a few months and are participating in the community. If you do not qualify today but have interest, you may become eligible as the tour unfolds...so please feel free to send me a message and I can add you to the "reserve" list.

Following are the rules I have once again borrowed from our good friend Texbilly. (As Bill's tour was for a Joris I have taken liberties in editing to reference the King.) I hope he will not mind as he did such a great job summarizing them.

------------------------------------

Gents, nothing but a bit of common courtesy here, meant to keep the tour fair, fun and safe. :blush:

1. Please limit your time with the gear no more than 7 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. Sure, there will be exceptions and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (e.g., vacation, job constraints, travel), let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.

2. At the start of the tour the package will include the King Cobra Classic and nothing else. The expectation is that members owning a Cobra Classic will use their blades. When the tour transitions to members that do not own a razor using the Feather or Kai blades I will release a couple 20-packs out into the wild.

3. I am shipping the razors clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. Soapy hot water, Barbicide and Scrubbing Bubbles are good. Boiling water baths, bleach, etc. are bad.

4. Please carefully wrap and ship the package. It will be shipping in a small Priority Mail flat rate box, which costs about $6. Due to the value of the razor I would like to request participants also be willing to insure the package up to $240, which I believe may take the cost of participation up to about $10.

5. Please post in this thread when you receive the razor and when it ships. Please PM me if you have questions.

6. Please post reviews and impressions, good or bad, to share with your fellow B&B members. This is what the tour is all about.

7. Have fun!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 48987

Very generous of you. Looking forward to seeing how this develops and hearing everyone's thoughts on the razor

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen, but (in my opinion) all praise belongs to Classic Shaving for making this possible. I am just waiting on an address and this tour will be underway!

Another heartfelt thank you to Michael, who has taken on yet another "tour"!

I am very much looking forward to trying the "King", esp since I have the "classic" because I enjoyed using the razor when it made a stop at my house along its tour.

Great job and this thread is subscribed!

Michael, thank you for sharing this experience and for setting up the tour. I can't wait to hear everyone's responses and am looking forward to giving it a whirl. And thankfully, I'm a few spots down on the list so I can start saving my pennies now - just in case.

Interesting, the handle is removable. Can it be used with other standard DE handles? I'm thinking it might look a bit ridiculous though.

The tour has begun and the first stop is Oregon. May the King travel far and wide on its journeys....

Again I'd like to commend your generosity Michael - with my King Cobra Classic firmly in hand, its unlikely that I will ever give it up!

For those that already own the Cobra Classic and can't imagine an improvement... Sign up!!!

Today I am grateful for the tour as it made it easier to pass up buying one of these. Thank you to Michael for organizing it. I'm looking forward to trying the razor.

D

Deleted member 48987

I was able to order one today so please remove me from the list. Regardless, I look forward to following this thread.

List updated. Please see the first post in this thread for requirements for participation.

CONUS List
glassmtn99 (shaving)
AABCDS
alabamalawyer
Sullybob
MondoJ
jazzguy
vpayne
turtle
Mojo88
sgtd
warhawk
JeffBr
xxvaleria
Monsieur Blaireau
TripleG
eldonanda
intotheforge
cpacamper
Haggises
mielbadger
dfoulk
Moondoggie

International List (Uncertain if it will happen, but accepting names)
celestino
targa88
StuMcB
Snuff-Belgium

Last edited:
I just finished my week with the King Cobra. It is now on its way to Georgia. Let me say, I am very impressed. Its chief advantage over the Cobra Classic lies in its ergonomics. Even though the King is much larger than the Cobra Classic, I found it easier to maneuver. And, I usually prefer small razors in the size range of the Merkur 42C or 33C. The King's shave is outstanding.

I will go back to the more elegant Cobra Classic now. Over the next month or so, I will have to decide which I prefer, the King or the Original.

A big thanks to Michael for putting the tour together.

eric.

Top Bottom