What's new

Made in USA

JMJ -

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but I could not find it anywhere.

I am looking for shaving products that are made here in the Good ol' US of A. There must be companies that make everything you need for wet shaving from the razor to the AS.

I'm not putting down stuff made in other countries, I do love my TOBS and I will probably never give up my Pinaud Clubman. Also, being of Italian decent I am very interested in Italian products. Just looking for some new stuff to try that is made here, kind of setting a theme.

So if anyone can let me know what they know is made here I would appreciate it.

Thanks

YBIC
Mike

West Coast Shaving has a cream as their deal of the day (today) thats made in the U.S. Personna Med Preps are made the U.S. Aqua Velva, Pinaud (and most aftershaves that you can find at CVS, Walgreens), vintage Gillette razors. Theres got to be a lot more.

JMJ -

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but I could not find it anywhere.

I am looking for shaving products that are made here in the Good ol' US of A. There must be companies that make everything you need for wet shaving from the razor to the AS.

I'm not putting down stuff made in other countries, I do love my TOBS and I will probably never give up my Pinaud Clubman. Also, being of Italian decent I am very interested in Italian products. Just looking for some new stuff to try that is made here, kind of setting a theme.

So if anyone can let me know what they know is made here I would appreciate it.

Thanks

YBIC
Mike

Unless I am mistaken, Clubman is bottled here in the USA. I'm sure some of the ingredients are imported, but that is almost impossible to avoid these days, even in a American product.

Barbasol products, including the "Brisk" and "Pacific Rush" menthol aftershaves, are made in the USA. Also, if you want a bit higher end aftershave, the Fine line of products are excellent and made in the USA.

Rudy Vey brushes. Though most knots are imported.

I don't think you can get a badger hair knot made in the USA (or boar knot for that matter). Horse hair knots aren't widely available yet, so probably not one of those either. Maybe a synthetic brush knot might be made in the USA?

Razors - Weber, Above the Tie, Tradere (on hiatus), Vintage Gilettes
Blades - Personna
Soaps/Creams - Stirling, Mikes, Al's, Knockout, Barrister & Mann, Wet Shave Obsession, Tiki Bar, and a bunch of other artisans
Aftershaves - Fine Accoutrements (my favorite), Ogallala
Brush - Rudy Vey, though as stated above most, if not all, badger hair is imported

Razors - Weber, Above the Tie, Tradere (on hiatus), Vintage Gilettes
Blades - Personna
Soaps/Creams - Stirling, Mikes, Al's, Knockout, Barrister & Mann, Wet Shave Obsession, Tiki Bar, and a bunch of other artisans
Aftershaves - Fine Accoutrements (my favorite), Ogallala
Brush - Rudy Vey, though as stated above most, if not all, badger hair is imported

All these above :thumbup: Also Williams Shave Soap, Whipped Dog Brushes (all badger hair is imported) , Captains Bay Rum that I can recall....

Last edited:
All badger hair is imported from China due to restrictions on the killing of badgers in the USA, Canada and EU. I also believe that all boar and horse hair for shaving brushes is imported. The location of manufacture for the various synthetic knots is unknown. Accordingly, although various artisans turn shave handles in the USA, no shave brush will be entirely American made.

Most mass market razors are also made overseas. However, small manufacturers like Weber and Above the Tie make great stainless models here in America.

The only razor blades made in the USA are Personna Supers/Labs and their cousins the Personna Med Preps.

Your choices of American made soaps and creams is far more extensive due to a significant number of artisan producers like Mikes, Mystic Water, Mama Bear, Prairie Creations Al's Shaving Cream, etc. The Art of Shaving, The New York Shaving Company and Kiss My Face shave creams are also made in the USA.

JMJ -

Thanks guys for your input. I will definitely look into those products, and be on the look out for artisan soaps and creams.

YBIC
Mike

most Art of Shaving current software displays Made in USA.

the new 'Lexington' Gillette Flexball razor lists Made in China and the cartridges, Made in Poland.

today we are truly in a global marketplace.

how about the computers we're using for this forum?

proxy.php

Top Bottom