What's new

Cade EdT?

Mine is on the way. Can't wait to try the new Cade EDT. I still have a full bottle of Cade splash to compare the scent to when my EDT arrives.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/403453-L-Occitane-just-announced-a-CADE-edt

From the thread linked above:

Okay, I just bought the Cade EdT and the Mer & Mistral balm. A very quick review:

1.) The Cade EdT is dark, woody and smells really attractive. I really don't remember the splash well enough to compare the two, but it's definitely a scent worth of the Cade name. It reminds me of incense and burning wood and lavender and lingers surprisingly long. Darker and more aromatic than the shower gel, not nearly as sweet as the aftershave balm. Doesn't just copy one of the Cade fragrances 1:1 but creates a fantastic base for everything else. If you're looking for an EdT that captures the "Small town in southern France on a hot summer day" feeling you've found it.

2.) The Mer & Mistral balm is disappointing. Typical aquatic fragrance you've smelled a thousand times before. Reminds me of L'Occitanes very own (and boring) Verdon stuff and the one-off Calanques line they had a couple of years back.

Thank you Chris

I am going to have to pick some of this up

Any ideas for converting to AS? Add alcohol and menthol?

Here are the ingredients listed on the label of the old Cade splash.

View attachment $cade1.jpg

Denatured alcohol is #1 so you could probably add some to the new EDT
and turn it into an aftershave. I've never tried it so I can't say for sure.

I'm pretty sure the new EdT will already have plenty of alcohol, maybe better to try adding some glycerin (old formula contains it's relative butylene glycol), and castor oil (not sure if it HAS to be PEG-40 hydrogenated). Menthol would be nice, but the original formula has none.

Back from the dead!! Necro-thread... Engaged!!!

I really like the Cade soap. Any results from the EDT -> aftershave splash testers? If any success stories maybe I'll give this a shot. I have the vintage Avon deep woods thermos at the ready!

If any success stories maybe I'll give this a shot.
If you search around B&B, there are lots of threads about converting EdTs into aftershaves. I'd link to one, but there recipes vary so much, you're better off reading a bunch of them, then experimenting on your own.

Top Bottom