What's new

NOS: 56 Red Tip Super Speed on Ebay Sold For $280.22

I just sold one on there for $30 plus $5 for shipping. Didn't have the case and was not quite as nice as that one but dayum!

I bought my '57 red tip for $19 and its in pretty good condition. Someone must have really wanted that thing

My red tip came with its original case and blades for $25. While not mint, its great. I don't even know what to say about that auction. I'm just going to shake my head and walk away...

My red tip came with its original case and blades for $25. While not mint, its great. I don't even know what to say about that auction. I'm just going to shake my head and walk away...

I don't know if we need to have an opinion of that auction really. Like I said, there is someone for everything. If the buyer thinks he spent his money well, and is happy with his purchase, then what is the problem? Prices or Red Tips rising? Only if more people are willing to pay higher prices. Otherwise they will come down again soon enough.

Considering it's not that expensive to replate a razor I'm not willing to pay that kind of money for one. I'm more of a buy it dirt cheap and fix it up kinda guy. But that's me. Every one spends their money their own way.

18 bidders , 18 people understand you can't walk into a store and pick one of these off the shelves anymore. Unless you have a Delorean and your name is Doc Brown.

18 bidders , 18 people understand you can't walk into a store and pick one of these off the shelves anymore. Unless you have a Delorean and your name is Doc Brown.

True ... question of course is, was this a fair price, or an exception? Time will tell.

My only concern would be that the buyer does not seem to have a lot of Ebay experience yet (5 buys).

Well, you live and learn, of course :)

True ... question of course is, was this a fair price, or an exception? Time will tell.

My only concern would be that the buyer does not seem to have a lot of Ebay experience yet (5 buys).

Well, you live and learn, of course :)

Just because someone is new to eBay does not mean they have no experience or knowledge about razors.

In all honesty, I think this price was an exception, and for the most part, because it was a CFM auction, I doubt many other sellers could draw this kind of attention to the razor.

Still, I don't think the price was bad. Almost for sure you can count this one out of the market, someone who shells out this kind of money is gonna keep the razor for sure.

How many more in this condition are still left? How often do we see them?

Top Bottom