What's new

Jessy's Weber Grilling Adventures

for storage i'm using something similar to this Rubbermaid:
$086876220759lg.jpg
I don't remember the brand (could be Rubbermaid, i dunno) - but i know i bought them from Lowes. The lid and dolly comes separately - you don't really need the dolly, though, but makes much easier to move around. I have 2, each holds 2 big bags of charcoal comfortably with room for a bag or two of wood chunks.
Anyhow, i keep them outside year round and they're pretty good, keeps the moisture out.
Kingsford bins are nice too but kinda small.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Where Jim stores his wood. His charcoal storage facility is slightly smaller.

$airplane_hangar_lg_100007.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Where Jim stores his wood. His charcoal storage facility is slightly smaller.
I had a dream about Jim last night- he was calling me a slacker because I haven't made a corned beef yet. He looked like Carey Grant.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I would question why you're having dreams about Jim. But he's right. You're a slacker.
Yes, I am. It wasn't as bad as the dream I had about Brian. I dreamt that I had gotten my first Parker 51, and he was chasing me all over NYC trying to get it for himself :biggrin:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
is there a therapist in the house?
Tell me about it. The funny part of that dream is I saw a picture of King Kamehameha on his desk, and he said it was his grandfather. I had had a Parker 51 on my mind for some time, and a corned beef on rye on my mind yesterday, which explains the Brian and Jim thing. I haven't a clue about King Kamehameha.

Tell me about it. The funny part of that dream is I saw a picture of King Kamehameha on his desk, and he said it was his grandfather. I had had a Parker 51 on my mind for some time, and a corned beef on rye on my mind yesterday, which explains the Brian and Jim thing. I haven't a clue about King Kamehameha.
I think this what happens when Art is on the brain. He is the one who is king, afterall.

So, by "soon" in my OP, of course I meant "about a year from now." It's looking like I'll be receiving my first Weber for Father's Day!

My wife doesn't understand why I don't want to use Kingsford from Winn Dixie. She thinks it's just because I "have to have the most expensive stuff."

A while back there was a link posted to a page that ranks a plethora of lump charcoals, but I can't seem to find the link any more. Anyone care to recommend a brand or 2, preferably something I could buy local or on Amazon.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
So, by "soon" in my OP, of course I meant "about a year from now." It's looking like I'll be receiving my first Weber for Father's Day!

My wife doesn't understand why I don't want to use Kingsford from Winn Dixie. She thinks it's just because I "have to have the most expensive stuff."

A while back there was a link posted to a page that ranks a plethora of lump charcoals, but I can't seem to find the link any more. Anyone care to recommend a brand or 2, preferably something I could buy local or on Amazon.

You mean the one from the Naked Whiz? http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

proxy.php

I can't wait to see the pics, Jessy!

Well, SWMBO is hard at work today, prepping our next two weeks of meal plans. She texts me to say that she's craving grilled food, so she's probably gonna order the grill this weekend!! I may have her just take me to an Ace Hardware or Home Depot, as they can be had for the same price as on Amazon! Apparently Weber has a new model 22.5 inch grill out, but I think I'll be just fine with the older "One Touch" Model. Thoughts?

Looks like Ace Hardware near me carries Wicked Good Charcoal Weekend Warrior Blend, which the Lump Charcoal Database lists as Above Average. Based on what I've found online, that seems to be the best available on their list that I can pick up locally. Here's hoping I'll get to do some grilling a week early!

Saturday, my wife and kids are taking me to Lowe's to buy a Weber 22" Original Premium grill.

The grill's features include a built-in lid thermometer and hinged cooking grate.

I know that I will also purchase a Chimney Starter, but what other accessories do I absolutely need?

I'll eventually get a pizza stone, and I have a mesh skillet for veggies/shrimp/etc. I also want to eventually find a nice griddle, but I think I can find one much cheaper at a local thrift/antique/flea market.

So, what should I be spending my money on this weekend?

Their Chimney starter is nice but pretty pricey; I love my Weber grill. When you get there you might see some other starters for comparison. But I might have seen the brand I can't remember at Home Depot.

Top Bottom