What's new

How to install Derby Extra blade?

I noticed on Derby Extra blades there are numbers 1,2,3,4 printed on them.

What are the numbers for?

Does it matter which way I insert the blade into my Merkur 38C?

I can't explain the numbers, but the direction of installation shouldn't matter at all, in my experience.

They exist solely to identify the newbies and give them something to post about. :biggrin:

(seriously... they have nothing to do with the end user and are probably used in quality control or some such.)

Welcome to B&B!

The numbers don't have anything to do with how you load them. I no longer pay attention to them. The numbers probably have some QC function, but I really don't have a clue.

It was explained to me that it had nothing to do with usage but as stated above it was a matter of QC during the manufacturing process.

the numbers are there becuase DE blades are also used in paint scrapers and other devices made to remove thin layers off objects, since only one side tends to be exposed, you need something to keep track of the side you´re using,

also there for a printing aide for the print design on the blade,

the numbers are there becuase DE blades are also used in paint scrapers and other devices made to remove thin layers off objects, since only one side tends to be exposed, you need something to keep track of the side you´re using,

also there for a printing aide for the print design on the blade,

Now that's news to me. In all the years I have scraped paint with a blade scraper, I never used a DE blade, only the single edged ones with a backbone that fits into the scraper.
I guess you do learn something everyday..:confused:

They exist solely to identify the newbies and give them something to post about. :biggrin:

LMAO thanks rich, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day:lol: And thanks to everyone else for the fast replies.

Yeah I'm a noob, today was only my third DE shave, but I am really loving it!!

Top Bottom