What's new

Letters To Dad

$fathers-day-gift-guide_gKka8_54.jpg

Fathers Day

Nib Style

Fathers day is coming upon us shortly and I thought (Actually Mike thought I didnt really think at all, I get in less trouble that way), what better way to celebrate in the Nib then some letters to Dad. I real hand letter to Dad, and to those who have lost their fathers over the years, its never to late to write down how they touched our lives.

Join me here in this thread as we take some time out of our lives to share one of our hobbies to thank our fathers for all they have done for us, and if your like me, you can let him read it while sharing a cold beverage with on another at lunchtime (As thats when my dad usually calls me up to help him lift heavy stuff [and by help lift I mean he stands and tells me where to pick up and set down the heavy stuff]which happens at lunchtime)

We are the Nib
This is Fathers day
Lets bust out the pens, and share here what paper, pens, and inks you chose for one of the greatest heros a kid could ever have,

Dad

Excellent idea! I'm going to start working on mine in a couple days!
I don't have anything too fancy in terms of paper.. But I'm sure he'd appreciate the sentiment regardless.

Thanks for the idea!

Great idea.
My father passed away a long time ago.
Might be time to put my thoughts into words.

Last edited:
Great idea. Never know how many more chances I will get as he is beginning to show his age. Sheaffer's Permanent Blue-Black, 32# white linen, either the NN or the 51 'Special'.

all Mike Celestino, I just wrote it up lol... thinking ill take the dip to a page, not sure what paper yet, or what i want to say, but Im going to mail it rather then just deliver it cause real mail always puts a smile out there

well no letter here, but I was thinking about busting out the pens to write something on a card to go along with a gift for the old man.

I did something like this for his 80th birthday in April. A memory letter. A letter filled with shared memories. I cut it back (a lot) and wrote a page and a half. Maybe I will do another.

I've been thinking about what I want to write to my Father for days, and bought the card that I liked, so tonight I'll put pen to paper/card. I opted for a card instead of just paper because I honestly don't own any "nice" paper, guess I need to accept my fate and jump into buying nice paper too, lol. Thanks for the idea guys.

Sent mine last week. Falcon with Apache Sunset on Clairfontaine stationery sealed with forest green Herbin wax. Fun to send him a note, thanks for the prompt!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great idea.
My father passed away a long time ago.
Might be time to put my thoughts into words.
My mom died on Thanksgiving day 1981- I was 13. If you carry it too long it is no good for you- you have to get it out. Whether you do it on paper and with another person, get your thoughts out.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Great idea. Never know how many more chances I will get as he is beginning to show his age. Sheaffer's Permanent Blue-Black, 32# white linen, either the NN or the 51 'Special'.
How are you liking that Special?

Top Bottom