What's new

Shavers anonymous

My wife stated that there should be meetings held for people with shaving addictions. Maybe she's right. This came about after I sold a few items on ebay and she asked me what I was going to do with the money. My answer was that I was going to try and buy a Gillette Fat Boy and also purchase a large order from Stirling Soaps :)

My name is azwetshaver and I am a shaveaholic. I have a DE in the mail and I already have plans to post it on BST to sell or preferably trade for something else. I haven't even held it in my hands.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I have several (too many!) DE and SE razors. Now getting into straights. I am always looking for stuff for cheap so I can re-sell it and feed my habit.

I think the sabbaticals are the only thing keeping my wife from wringing my neck!
That's my form of Shavers Anonymous.

Well not that it should matter to you but it was to prove to my wife that I could slow down with my purchases.
Sorry mate I meant no offence. I was just curious why you would not buy anything for a month when just starting out.
My girlfriend is the one keeping me in the yearlong sabbatical :lol:

Sorry mate I meant no offence. I was just curious why you would not buy anything for a month when just starting out.
My girlfriend is the one keeping me in the yearlong sabbatical :lol:

No offense taken. If it was up to my wife I'd go on a year long sabbatical as well. I went a little overboard when I first discovered this new hobby and I took the month off to calm her down lol.

No offense taken. If it was up to my wife I'd go on a year long sabbatical as well. I went a little overboard when I first discovered this new hobby and I took the month off to calm her down lol.
Yea I did the same, except I went overboard for two years :lol: Now I am planning on hopefully not buying anything for the year. But the new RazoRock products are tempting me badly.

Bah, this is a relatively cheap hobby compared to my wife's two; horses and photography. I have two razors, two brushes, and a scuttle due by the end of the week. Yesterday was two creams and two AS. This is a good hobby with the respect that it takes up relatively little space as well. The beauty is I smell better than when I started!

Bah, this is a relatively cheap hobby compared to my wife's two; horses and photography. I have two razors, two brushes, and a scuttle due by the end of the week. Yesterday was two creams and two AS. This is a good hobby with the respect that it takes up relatively little space as well. The beauty is I smell better than when I started!

I agree with everything you just said. My wife is also a horse fanatic and the price of her new saddle made me want to cry. I also had to laugh when I saw your name because my brother in law is sitting in the other room watching Finding Bigfoot.

This thread reminded me of the Men's Anonymous meetings from the Red Green Show...

"I'm a man, but I can change...if I have to...I guess..."

I have also faced the "so when exactly are you going to stop spending all if your money on shaving stuff?" question. I gained a temporary reprieve when she spent $90 on a facial this month. I argued that for that much I could buy enough shaving products to last for quite a while and get the same benefits.

Last edited:
This thread reminded me of the Men's Anonymous meetings from the Red Green Show...

"I'm a man, but I can change...if I have to...I guess..."

I have also faced the "so when exactly are you going to stop spending all if your money on shaving stuff?" question. I gained a temporary reprieve when she spent $90 on a facial this month. I argued that for that much I could buy enough shaving products to last for quite a while and get the same benefits.

That is true; I purchased a tin of Le Pere Lucien, a Parker 26C (black), Fine Italian Citrus a/s, and Fine Snakebite a/s from Bullgoose for $98. he threw in a pack of Gillette yellows and a pack of Perma -Sharp Supers. I haven't even used the Parker yet but I'm getting great shaves.

marty

My local brick-and-mortar shaving supplies / cutlery shop has a "Shave Club" that meets on Sunday morning. I would suggest that this would be the last thing anyone suffering from a shaving addiction should attend! But I think they have free coffee...

Top Bottom