What's new

BeaverCleaverVille

So here's a shocker:
I own no modern clothes! Zero...none!!!
My clothes really tend to come from the late forties to early fifties and I'm darn proud of it. Where did it all come from? It started with this little book
$Fascinating_Womanhood.jpg
It changed my outlook, my way of life and eventually my outlook on fashion.....
slowly my enjoyment of fashion turned to vintage and...
viola
$image.jpg
Vintage me was born. I adore all things vintage so if you ever have any questions feel free :)
cheers gents
View attachment 451958

Last edited:
What do you mean by "vintage?" are the clothes themselves from the forties and fifties, or just designed to look that way?

Men's vintage clothing is not as plentiful as ladys. I have a couple of wide lapel double breasted, tight waist baggy pants, with some vintage extra wide ties but there aren't too many places a "guy" can get away with wearing a zoot suit without getting into some deep trouble :nono:

I am big on tie-die and Hawaiian print shirts :yesnod:

Legion

Staff member
I prefer to use vintage stuff as much as I can, it is what brought me here in the first place! It just seems better made most of the time, and having a bit of history makes it more interesting.

I'm 6'3 though, so finding nice vintage clothes is tough. Guys we little, back in the day. I do have a couple of nice coats and a couple of "madman" style skinny ties from the early 60's.

I'm not certain I'd be ready for my return to bell-bottoms. Would those count as vintage, or just bad taste? The only wide ties I have are the ones I wore as a kid. :tongue_sm

I'd enjoy exploring vintage clothes. I'm afraid it would be hard to find much to fit a 6'02" 265 pound weightlifter.

Men's vintage clothing is not as plentiful as ladys. I have a couple of wide lapel double breasted, tight waist baggy pants, with some vintage extra wide ties but there aren't too many places a "guy" can get away with wearing a zoot suit without getting into some deep trouble :nono:

I prefer to use vintage stuff as much as I can, it is what brought me here in the first place! It just seems better made most of the time, and having a bit of history makes it more interesting.

I'm 6'3 though, so finding nice vintage clothes is tough. Guys we little, back in the day. I do have a couple of nice coats and a couple of "madman" style skinny ties from the early 60's.
Guys checking your local thrifts is the first place to start....sometimes alterations are your friends....and remember reproductions can be made in anything

I'd enjoy exploring vintage clothes. I'm afraid it would be hard to find much to fit a 6'02" 265 pound weightlifter.

Exactly. I wore shark skin suits and my grand dad's skinny ties and Stetsons in the 80's and I have friends with vintage clothing stores, but most of those cuts just don't work for me now.

They look good on you though. (And no, that wasn't Dangerfieldesque sarcasm).

The thrift stores are up to the 90's now. The good old days of finding 50's bowling shirts and Western snap buttons worn by actual cowboys are long gone in these parts.

Great hobby/lifestyle. Have you been to The Fedora Lounge forum? Lots of great posts on all things vintage.

I think that what a person wears does make a statement about them.

What statement do you think people get when they realize you only wear clothes from the 40's and 50's?

What do you like about these clothes?

Do you get lots of comments from strangers?

Does your enjoyment of vintage clothing extend to motorcycles and cars?

Do you have any tattoos?

Top Bottom