What's new

Here it is - English Single Ring

As received.
Serial # is F 165374, and other than that only has the "G' mark I think other people mentioned, and the Pat. Nov. 15. 04. N, at the bottom of the handle.

$CAM01055.jpg
$CAM01056.jpg
$CAM01057.jpg
$CAM01058.jpg
$CAM01059.jpg

Case ... Original? I think so, based on the one George purchased from Istanbul. Just that his logo is sewed and mine is printed? The back of the case has the same text on it.

Last edited:
Beautiful ! Both razor and case are in great shape. Congratulations.
I assume the Brits used their own serial numbers. Any idea when it was made?

Beautiful ! Both razor and case are in great shape. Congratulations.
I assume the Brits used their own serial numbers. Any idea when it was made?

From the data George, Porter, Mike and others collected, they think these were made from 1908 to 1912-15 but they are not exactly sure.
They don't have much info on these yet, apparently only relatively recently they started to appear. They have a Wiki page with the info they collected, which for some reason I can't find now ...

Ah... here it is:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Gillette_England_Dating_Information

Last edited:
Thanks, Edgar. I've added yours to the wiki page. It seems to be an interesting transitional example between incuso's F021233 and George's F206586.

Thanks, Edgar. I've added yours to the wiki page. It seems to be an interesting transitional example between incuso's F021233 and George's F206586.

Porter, if it matters, this one came from France. I don't know if that helps the theory of "E" for England, "F" for France and "H" for Germany or not ...

From the data George, Porter, Mike and others collected, they think these were made from 1908 to 1912-15 but they are not exactly sure.
They don't have much info on these yet, apparently only relatively recently they started to appear. They have a Wiki page with the info they collected, which for some reason I can't find now ...

Ah... here it is:

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Gillette_England_Dating_Information

How to determine the date of manufacture? I'm interesting for Old Type Double Ring 1904's-1905's

Top Bottom