What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

Captain Fawcetts Expedition Strength - 1st time, hold is good on par with Firehouse WT, a little better on the tips for me. Sandalwood is nice smell, we will see how it holds thought he day no G2bG today.

Tried to go with just proraso initially, and it didn't seem to do good enough by itself for how fly away strays mine gets. Ended up touching in a bit of Dub's wax with it. I suppose another application of the proraso may have done it, I might try that tomorrow, see if just adding some more makes it hold as I need.

strop

Now half as wise
Firehouse today. Decided to go more for an English today so didn't use anything extra to hold the curl on the ends.

strop

Now half as wise
Dubs Stache Cream :-}. - really like the Dubs firm, excellent replacement for Hndlebars Wax

J T, what color is this stuff? And is the cream a cream consistency, like TOBS, or more of a wax, just called cream?

Mark - the dubs is clear on application. Consistency is very thick paste, readily warms by working with fingers and sets up fairly stiff. I m not familiar with TOBS, but it is nothing like Proraso. The dubs has a pleasant scent. ( wife likes it ) and washes out of the Stache very, very easily.

strop

Now half as wise
Mark - the dubs is clear on application. Consistency is very thick paste, readily warms by working with fingers and sets up fairly stiff. I m not familiar with TOBS, but it is nothing like Proraso. The dubs has a pleasant scent. ( wife likes it ) and washes out of the Stache very, very easily.

Thanks! Looks like I will need to give this a try.

J T, what color is this stuff? And is the cream a cream consistency, like TOBS, or more of a wax, just called cream?

Thanks! Looks like I will need to give this a try.

Hrm... I have the Dubs wax, and it's also more of a heavy paste than a wax.. I guess maybe more on the wax end than the cream end, but still super soft and easy to work with. I may have to pick up the cream as well to compare, since the wax version is a daily go to for me.

I use Foad Mustache Wax today, and otherwise I use Firehouse dark or tacky. I usually curl my tips, but feel that they never last especially long. They're usually sloping by lunch. Any tips?

I apply a good sized piece of wax with my index fingers, comb through the mustache, melt the wax a bit with a blow drier, comb it through some more and then curl the tips.

Sometimes I apply more wax to just the tips, but it still doesn't help.

I use Foad Mustache Wax today, and otherwise I use Firehouse dark or tacky. I usually curl my tips, but feel that they never last especially long. They're usually sloping by lunch. Any tips?

I apply a good sized piece of wax with my index fingers, comb through the mustache, melt the wax a bit with a blow drier, comb it through some more and then curl the tips.
Sometimes I apply more wax to just the tips, but it still doesn't help.

Put Got 2 be glued on the tips. Nuclear hold
$got2b-glued-styling-spiking-glue-350x350.jpg

Can find it at almost any grocery or pharmacy, about 6 bucks for a huge tube, use it alone or as a top coat and tips. Sets up real fast. Tube will last you forever
Good Luck

Top Bottom